You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Systems Integration and Test Engineer
Computer science & software engineering
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Computer science & software engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
Are you interested in complex technology that enables the world to have leading edge electronic devices?Would you like to contribute to the rise of enhanced cell phones, self-driving automobiles, and the internet of things?Well, the photons created by Cymer’s light sources are a key part of making this happen.Be a part of this driving force and join Cymer’s team of deep ultraviolet (DUV) laser design engineers.This test engineer position will characterize new design concepts of modules and system features and qualify final designs for release to production and fielded systems.
As a member of the engineering team, supports engineering, research and development and manufacturing in the testing of optical, mechanical and electrical modules and sub-systems, and the integration and test of complex systems.Qualifies new product designs through design verification tests.Defines, designs, implements, and maintains engineering and manufacturing automated test equipment, test strategies, and test specifications for sub-assemblies, both electrical and electromechanical in nature, and complete systems.Designs and/or selects test equipment capable of implementing the tests.Troubleshoots product and test equipment and qualifies test process and equipment.Completes specifications and procedures for new products.Plans the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices.
- Develops and performs a wide variety of electrical, optical and mechanical test processes.
- Defines test requirements based upon design documents.
- Defines all test requirements and differentiates design verification, reliability, in-circuit-testing and functional testing.
- Assists other test engineers for best common solutions.
- Produces clear, concise documentation in defined Cymer formats.
- Demonstrates the test equipment and process meets the requirements through verification testing.
- Validates test equipment design ideas by calculating stack up tolerances, providing analysis of options.
- Sets up standard optical table and diagnostic equipment according to general instructions.
- Troubleshoots and isolates problems in laboratory equipment.
- Uses sophisticated computer programs and diagnostic equipment to test laser performance according to descriptive instructions.
- Performs optical alignment of laser systems or external diagnostic equipment based upon general instructions.
- May be assigned to a special project, such as instrument construction and alignment, working under descriptive instructions.
- Responsible for Lab safe operation.
- Collects data, analyzes it, summarizes results, and prepares presentation of results for review.
- Gathers information from drawings, specifications and design engineers necessary to develop tests and documentation.
- Participates in acceptance testing the design.
- Compiles test data to demonstrate the test equipment built meets the specified requirements.
- Interfaces with software engineers to ensure successful software and hardware integration.
- Writes test procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Optics or Physical Sciences highly desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years of industry experience.
- Preferred experience in analog or digital technology and optics.
- Performs data collection, statistical analysis, and report summarization.Effectively reports problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Proficient at designing and running tests to evaluate power distribution, digital, analog and serial signals, and optical beam parameters.
- Understanding of manufacturing test including how and what to test for production and engineering design verification.
- General knowledge of LASERs (knowledge of excimer laser operation preferred).
- Ability to read electrical schematics and use manufacturers’ product sheets to select components to purchase.
- Ability to calculate voltage drops, tolerance stack up, acceptance criteria, fusing, cable and connector requirements.
- Ability to apply algebra, geometry, and statistics skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Requires the ability to utilize standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators and power meters with no direction.
- Requires the ability to use optical measurement devices such as spectrometers, spectrophotometers, imaging setups, etc. on a routine basis.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches.
- Ability to use routine software applications such as MS Word and MS Excel to produce reports and graphs is required. Ability to use data acquisition & processing software such as Labview or Matlab.
- Experience in Labview.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions.
- Ability to write notes in a laboratory journal listing daily activities and write weekly report summarizing accomplishments.
- Possesses good oral presentation skills and be able to effectively present results in a team meeting.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs – specify percentage of travel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.