You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Field Service Engineer
In a nutshell
Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by complex technical products and realizing improvement processes in a customer service environment? Are you able to analyze and understand failure modes of technical parts and determine possible root causes together with a team of technical experts? Do you have a quality mind-set? Do you like hands-on mechatronics troubleshooting? If so, then a job as Customer Support Engineer within ASML Business Line Mature Products Team may be right for you!
Role and responsibilities
The Customer support engineer is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair, and maintenance of the ASML systems at customer site and for the necessary transfer of knowledge to the customer.
Your tasks will include:
• Install equipment at customer’s locations, including new equipment, upgrades and system relocations on PAS platform.
• Evaluate and diagnose problems and make appropriate repairs. Work with co-workers, customer, and technical support in isolating and solving problems.
• Monitor, maintain and optimize equipment on a daily basis to enhance functionality and prevent problems.
• Advise users of appropriate actions to correct malfunctions in a timely manner.
• Train customers in use and routine maintenance of equipment. Answer customer questions and assist customers in a professional manner.
• Perform administrative and coordination duties which include procedure changes, pass-downs, work orders, and field service, system problem, and monthly reports.
• Independently and accurately prepare written technical reports.
• Provide appropriate support and assistance to less experienced ASML personnel as necessary.
Education and experience
Bachelor degree in Mechatronics is preferred.
• Proven interest and/or experience with technical hands-on in professional environment or during education.
• Strong customer focus and commitment to Customer Satisfaction.
• Experience working according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
• Demonstrated experience using computer applications, including data analysis tools, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
• Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
• Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Solid service, process, project & change management skills.
• Strong technical background with a drive towards solutions.
• Problem Analysis skills.
• Excellent professional communication in English.
• Pro-active and a strong drive for results.
• Zero defect quality mindset.
• Flexible and able to work in changing environments (no 9-5 mentality).
• Strong influencing skills (able to motivate, drive, steer and convince others at all levels of the organization (influencing without power)).
• Act under high pressure.
• Affinity with logistic processes.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The position is for a job based in Bernin, France. As for this position you are required to travel a lot to our European customers, European citizenship is preferred.
The position will be part of Business Line Mature Products department that is responsible for the entire installed base of steppers and scanners.
The position will require to travel and work at customer premises on a temporary base within the country and abroad to provide the necessary support and maintenance to clients of ASML. It may also require to do shift work.
The position will require frequent travel, estimation 65% of the working time.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.