You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Junior Technical Training Instructor
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers-the world’s leading chipmakers-to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). As a condition of employment, qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
Tasks include delivering training courses for external and internal customers on highly technical laser systems, teleconference or online delivery. Participates in curriculum development projects, procedure validation, laser service, test equipment maintenance and tool control. Training tasks include:
- Deliver in-house, onsite, and online training for Cymer’s internal and external customers.
- Conduct technical knowledge and skills training for field service engineers and technical support engineers.
- Serve as a multiple platform Subject Matter Expert (SME) as defined by product offerings.Examples include, but not limited to:XLR 500/600/700/800 lasers, XLA 100 lasers, and 6000/7000 (ArF & KrF) single chamber lasers.
- Perform service, maintenance and troubleshooting on department lasers to maintain a ready for training status.
- Utilize test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DVMs, power meters and beam analysis tools.
- Provide input towards designing and developing training for effective flow and effective delivery.
- Assist cross-functional groups with laser operations, technical source material and data gathering.
- Enforce all safety policies and procedure to ensure safe environment for training.
- Collect and analyze data for troubleshooting purposes as part of training delivery and laser maintenance.
- Participate with cross-functional departments to resolve training department laser issues.
Although the primary responsibility is technical training, this position is also responsible for participating in the curriculum development process. Curriculum development and maintenance skills include:
- Knowledge of instructional system design such as ADDIE and SAM.
- Participate in needs analysis studies to determine training requirements for the field.
- Conduct technical reviews and validations of processes, procedures and curriculum.
- Support and participate in the development of interactive, computer-based, asynchronous training products.
- Actively participate in all phases of the curriculum development process from the planning, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's in electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent experience.
- Military or previous technical or vocational instructor experience of 2 to 3 years.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.