You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Line Manager Mathematical- Physical Modelling & Inference
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography company make you feel responsible and proud? Do you want to work in a challenging environment with highly motivated and skilled teams? Do you want to contribute by taking the lead and steer Development & Engineering of On Product Applications within the BL Applications? If so, then this might be the perfect role for you!
The Applications department within the Process Window Detection cluster is responsible for the metrology and performance roadmaps for “on product” applications as part of the litho-solutions roadmap. This job requires more than only excellent leadership skills, you also need to have the passion in coaching people to bring innovation and development to the next level together.
Our mission is to develop, deliver, integrate and qualify metrology applications both after development - (ADI) and after etch (AEI) inspection, being developed in close cooperation with semiconductor customers in a multi-disciplinary setting.
We use advanced mathematics and physics to keep fueling the semiconductor and electronic revolution. We produce metrology tools and advanced software applications to analyze and optimize the performance of the customer production process. At the Business Line Applications, we develop Analytics & Control solutions that improve the accuracy of performance metrics (such as overlay, focus, critical dimension) as measured on the end product of a fab process (wafers with chip structures). You will drive the development of new applications and translate the application specific needs to metrology hardware (Yieldstar) and software product requirements.
As part of the staff of the D&E Applications department, you will manage one of the groups developing the core of our metrology solutions, defining methods and approaches to measure key product parameters, where performance is translated into the required complexity of the algorithms in software. You are responsible for the technology choices and roadmap, the specification, concept choices, design, integration and qualification of metrology applications within the boundaries imposed by process and planning. You pro-actively drive the development work in your team and participate in definition, concept selection through problem solving. But above all, you will use your leadership and teamwork skills to solve problems and optimize team performance at the benefit of the product portfolio and – quality. You’ll be driving the ASML Competences on Physical-Optical Modeling, and Mathematical Parameter Estimation for efficient product development and innovation.
- Manage resources (15-25 people) in a group, working with Project Leaders and Product Owners who take operational responsibility within projects organized in scaled agile trains under your supervision
- Taking the lead in the conceptual stages of a project. Allocate people to projects in line with program needs to fulfil roadmap needs
- Manage the delivery of concept choices/designs in your group that meet the requirements of the ASML development programs. Review technical solutions proposed, technical product documentation produced by the group and coaching of group members
- Drive for efficient product development with the technical ASML Competences on Physical-Optical Modeling, and Mathematical Parameter Estimation in the group
- Interaction with Chief Product Owners, PCM’s and PDM’s on technical content and allocation of people to projects. Review project plans and proactively support project realization
- Work with co-developers and external staff supplying parties to enable and manage development projects on site at ASML within D&E and Research, leveraging related expertise at universities
- Define and implement the competence and resource roadmap for your group
- Responsible for Strategic Workforce Planning and personal development of the team members
- Managing the bridge to hard- and software development within the BL Applications
A Master(/PhD) in preferably Physics, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics.
- At least 10 years’ experience in developing, integrating and testing complex multi-disciplinary products. At least 5 years’ experience in leading a group of highly qualified experts
- Solid theoretical and experimental experience in physics and/or mathematics, preferably related to modeling and parameter estimation
- Experience in managing a group of technical professionals.
- Affinity with managing integral business processes in fast growing and dynamic business environments, driving innovation.
- Experience in Agile software development is considered a plus.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting
- Ability to provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professional designers
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- Pragmatic attitude
- Ability to think and act on a strategic level
- Driving innovation including – network
- Good communication skills and good knowledge of English language
Context of the position
ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and realization of all products in the ASML portfolio.