You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Customer Support Engineer Intern
In a nutshell
Manassas - VA, US
No experience (Student)
Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering
Introduction to the job
The goal of the internship is for you to learn about working in a corporate setting and to provide hands on experience solving real world problems in a team environment.
Interns will typically be required to document and present their findings as well as making an end of summer presentation to the group about what they achieved during their internship.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
You will collaborate with customer support engineers to perform testing, analyze data, and support system maintenance. Work in a team environment alongside local experienced engineers. Specific tasks will be tailored to match the education/experience level of the intern as well as the interns learning objectives for the summer.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and troubleshoots process problems at customer site.
- Conducts process troubleshooting, analysis, and debugging in support of installation or operating activities.
- Ensures that parts are available and as specified for service requirements.
- Improve part handling and tracking.
- Keep service orders up to date and improve tracking process.
- Issue intake management.
- Tool quality inspection.
- Support parts and tools for complex actions on the machines.
- Maintains appropriate tools are on hand and as required.
Education and experience
- Student pursuing a degree in an either an engineering field or business (preferred), or equivalent experience - Junior or Senior level. I.e. Mechanical, Physics, Chemical, Electrical, or related Engineering discipline.
- Ability to analyze data and report problems, to complete accurate, comprehensive service reports, and to communicate technical issues to other technical staff.
- Protocol, and Computer Networking.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Familiar with volt meters, O-scopes, mass flow controllers, to name a few.
- Knowledgeable in MS Office applications - Excel, OneNote, Teams, PowerPoint.
- Familiar with conducting data analysis.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, documents and engineering drawings.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.