You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Master Data Business Partner
Sourcing & Supply Chain
In a nutshell
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Introduction to the job
Working for ASML and dealing with data & insights is by default the most disruptive combination of topics you’ll come across today …
A global data culture, an enthusiastic business data community and a solid data organization are key for the success of ASML. We as a department ensure that this all is established, we monitor the maturity of our organization and our competences along the journey towards that. The basis is collaboration, innovation and a healthy portion of pragmatism. Obviously everything evolves around data & insights and with that making substantial impact in our key business processes.
The master data business partner is part of the business partner team which is part of the master data management department within the business performance & strategy group in sourcing & supply chain. The department deploys data capabilities globally and manages the data lifecycle, enabling ASML to achieve high data quality leading to operational excellence by supporting time to profitability. It manages data governance boards for ASML’s design & engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, finance and procurement departments. In this context the master data business partner established and secures the operating model involving a wide group of stakeholders and drives quality of data in the ERP system to enable ASML’s global operational activities. This will bring a variety of challenges and problems to solve; in ASML we have encourage to collaborate, hence it is highly appreciated that you show creativity and offer your own perspective.
Role and responsibilities
The master data business partner unleashes data solutions in the business, leverages a group of 30+ people including peers, data experts, and architects. The master data business partner contributes to the design and build of data capabilities within the business, centrally and locally into the markets.
A business data roadmap and a toolbox consisting of data solutions, tools and process, fueled by best practice, allows the data business partner to being successful with making the right impact. On a daily basis the data business partner navigates in a network of people from – amongst many others – senior business stakeholders till data experts.
The master data business partner is considered to be the trusted advisor for a certain part of the process and an extensive scope of data. The existing data framework, business process driven governance platforms, and a group of bright minds ensure a stabile operation and all this in the same time is a catalyst for change.
If this all triggers you, then this might be the right opportunity for you!
1. Together with the teams in the department and sector you will be contributing to the setup of a top notch data culture, the design and deployment and adoption of data capabilities will give you the right podium to be successful. Capabilities include: data quality management, data analytics, metadata management, data modeling and quite a few others.
2. You will contribute to the data management vision and strategy, giving you strategic, tactical and operational exposure.
3. The business data roadmap will be your guiding document, this helps you to stabilize the business process and accommodate for change along the way. Data quality and maturity are indicators that help you to quantity impact. This is all done in conjunction with your business stakeholders, peers and data experts.
4. Managing a cross-functional business community by setting up and leading data governance boards, involving communities from business and IT, to enable and support the business process.
5. Contribute to data improvements, projects and programs, ensuring that data standards are being adhered to, following the data definitions and policies, so business process and the data in it improve.
6. Define and leverage the data framework when deploying data capabilities in order to improve the data quality, using standards for governance roles, the data management process and performance.
7. Safeguard the data standard and ensure the business and projects adhere to them, as they offer stability in processes, projects and serve as a common language and understanding.
8. Understand the business process, in there identify areas for improvement and use the data toolbox – including improvement methodologies – to drive improvement initiatives.
9. Contribute to monitoring data quality and maturity, by defining drivers, metrics and KPIs, analyze trends and anomalies and a accommodate for improvement.
Education and experience
You have a Bachelor or Masters degree in Business Administration, Economics or Supply Chain Management combined with a strong affinity with Data and IT.
- You have 7+ years’ working experience, preferably in a Data Management related role; a consulting background can come in handy.
- Preferably experience in supply chain, high-tech, manufacturing, engineering or semiconductor sectors.
- Familiarity in designing or working with a data management framework.
- Knowledge & experience of business processes in which data and quality of it play a role.
- Understanding of how to approach problem solving for business and technology related challenges.
- Experience in working in environments in which LEAN, Agile and SCRUM kind of methodologies are applied.
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholders management, with strong communication and problem solving skills on strategic, tactical and also operational levels, preferably acquainted in setting up and managing governance platforms.
- Experience in designing and managing business data roadmaps and driving change through completion of these.
- Using data & insights to accommodate for the decision making process or perform own decisions fueled by data & insights.
- You have a certain degree of understanding of data architecture and data modelling and where this impacts the business process.
- In terms of technology, SAP suite knowledge is important to bring to the table.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You have an analytical mindset, can balance between conceptual ideas until practical solutioning.
- You are by nature aiming to fix a problem with the right counter measure; are able to translate business requirements into impact on process and system levels;
- You understand the content from both technical as functional perspectives to a certain degree, and you know how to take the stakeholders, your peers and other team members along;
- You don’t shy away from levitating between strategic, tactical and operational levels.
- You understand our vision and strategy and know how to translate into capability development and actions into impacted business platforms.
- You bring a can-do mentality, with a pragmatic mindset which help in challenging environments.
- You have entrepreneurial traits; you understand where to take responsibility and ownership over topics or initiatives of course considering our corporate environment.
- You are triggered by a continuously changing and fast-paced environment.
- You can lead by example, with enthusiasm and humor and a drive to not only succeed yourself but as a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The master data management organization is an industry-leading organization, responsible for ensuring material availability to ASML’s factories and customers. Our DNA contains customer focus, concurrent engineering, virtual integration plus the ability to thrive in a volatile market, accelerate the supply chain and deliver creative solutions. Plans are made up to four years ahead while customer requirements and system bill of materials can change at any time. Any break in material availability can have an unacceptable impact for our customers. So, with all our highly talented, educated and motivated people, we must proactively identify and solve potential issues by working closely together with our technical departments and customers while actively managing an extensive supplier base.
Check for more information our website www.asml.com
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.