You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Physics Design Engineer - Focus Scrum Master
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines make you feel responsible and proud? Do you want to work in a challenging environment in the center of different groups in Development & Engineering and System Engineering? Are you eager to learn and apply agile principles to expand ASML’s fast growing business and contribute to the transition to an agile way of working? Do you want to use your technical and leadership skills to bring a multidisciplinary team of experts together and let them thrive? If you have the strength of personality to take ownership of a problem and create a vision of how to solve it then the combined role of EUV Focus Specialist and Scrum Master is the ideal job for your personal development and professional growth.
Role and responsibilities
As a Focus Specialist with Scrum Master role, you contribute to the development of ASML products by testing, analyzing, qualifying and reporting Focus performance and specifying Focus improvements within the boundary of system specifications, costs and planning considerations.
Within the D&E EUV System Performance department, a Focus Agile stable team is setup taking ownership of the Focus performance of all EUV platforms and scanners. As Focus specialist and Scrum Master you will work in a diverse stakeholder field of different groups in System Engineering, Development & Engineering and Business Line Apps, also collaborating with external partners as IMEC. As a Scrum Master and together with your team, you are responsible for the Focus performance deliverables to your stakeholders.
As a Focus Specialist your responsibilities are to:
- Specify, test, and analyze Focus qualification and calibration tests and report on the results
- Design new calibration and qualification methods to improve Focus
- Apply innovative data analysis methods
- Support ASML and its customers in solving Focus issues
- Contribute to ASML’s Focus roadmap
As a Scrum Master your responsibilities are to:
- Be the main contact person for the team’s deliverables during execution for stakeholders of the team (internal to ASML)
- Act as a team ambassador within the organization
- Continuously evaluate and improve the performance of the team by addressing and taking away impediments
- Coach team members
- Lead the scrum process in the team
- Work in close relationship with the Product Owner to maintain the team backlog and planning
Education and experience
Solid technical background, MSc/PhD in Physics.
- Solid theoretical and/or experimental skills, supported by experience with mathematical modeling (MATLAB), statistics and model verification
- Strong analytical skills with a pragmatic attitude
- Experience as team lead (Scrum Master) or in another technical/competence lead role of a mid-sized team > 5 FTE
- Experience with agile development and/or working in SAFe environment is a must
- Preferable having industrial experience in a relevant area
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You are an enthusiastic, servant leader, putting your team and team performance on number one
- You can actively listen
- You can give constructive feedback and do not shy away for difficult conversations
- You are a good coach
- You have excellent stakeholder management skills, such as ability to initiate and influence
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and good command of the English language are crucial
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The System Performance EUV department is part of Performance & Integration cluster in D&E. We predict and optimize how ASML EUV scanners will perform at customer’s fab.
ASML builds lithography systems that can place multiple layers on a chip with very high precision. The Focus accuracy is a key performance parameter of the layer-on-layer positioning of the chip design.
The Focus competence will allow you to learn the basic principles of our lithographic system, to be in the heart of its development, understand contribution of various system components (aberrations,dose, illumination, dynamics, heating, etc.) on the basic Focus functionality & to collaborate with various functional clusters.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active. This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.) Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.