You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Audit & Internal control - HR
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML is the only company in the world offering extreme ultraviolet lithography machines. These machines are indispensable to producing faster, cheaper and more energy-efficient microchips. In a 2021 New York Times article the ASML machines were labeled “the most complicated machines humans have built”. Since the ASML machines are an important cornerstone in global mega trends like robotics, big data, AI and IoT, the company is expected to continue its growth in the upcoming years to an annual turnover of 28-35 USD Billion by 2025. In this vibrant and exciting environment it is HR’s task to define and execute the companies’ people agenda.
ASML has embarked on a journey to redesign its overall HR systems landscape, implementing Workday and ServiceNow with a strong focus on employee experience.
As Internal control specialist you will be part of the team that supports the HR systems and operational landscape. You will ensure that proper controls are embedded and updated in the end to end HR and HRIS maintenance processes, and ensure correct execution and monitoring of these controls. The scope does not only include financial reporting controls/ SOx but also compliance controls. You will bring hands-on and pragmatic internal control expertise and know how to communicate/translate control requirements to both the HR organizational as well as our Internal control community.
Are you challenged by acting as an internal control specialist, enabling HR to achieve its objectives while being in control, and searching for a new career?
Role and responsibilities
Our cross-sectoral HR Technology team is working on developing and implementing (new) IT systems aimed at facilitating HR processes and improving efficiency as well as employee experience. Having recently set the foundation with the HR Core processes we continue to build upon that by deploying other processes like Performance and Development, Talent acquisition, Time & Absence, etc.
The role of Internal control specialist will support HR, specifically the global Workday Team and the People Services organization in the area of topics related to being in control.
- Drive and manage internal control and compliancy areas (amongst other SOX) within the HR domain
- Manage internal control deficiencies when / where incurred and ensure that deficiencies are timely resolved in close collaboration with the internal control community and the involved HR teams
- Gain an in depth understanding of the HR business processes and define the relevant risks and controls.
- Setup and maintain contact with the key stakeholders within the relevant processes.
- Identify and drive opportunities in the organization to improve internal control and optimal use of application controls in business processes.
- Define the and participate and/or lead in HR projects that impact internal control and standing control framework.
- Collaborate with the internal control community to support both Product owner and Process owner in translation of detailed requirements into system solutions
The Internal Control specialist will be part of the global Workday Team but supporting the overall HR organization.
Education and experience
- Master degree in Economics with a completed RE or RO
- 3-4 years relevant experience in finance or auditing.
- IT Audit experience at one of the big 4 audit firms or internal audit experience in international environment.
- Knowledge of Internal control / COSO and Sarbanes-Oxley Act is highly preferred.
- HR technology (Workday) and/or HR process knowledge is preferred
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Make complex topics simple and transparent;
- Combines clear, critical thinking with decisiveness;
- Good social and effective communication skills; is persuasive and able to influence;
- Proactive / hands-on attitude;
- Overcomes barriers for change and engages others to take action
- You can work well under pressure and in a complex environment, with different stakeholders knocking at your door
- Ability to build meaningful relations within our internal HR organization
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and priorities
- Fluent in English
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.