You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
BI&C Team Lead
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
We are hiring a Senior Business Controller with Director potential who will contribute to our further growth ambitions in the next decade.
Do you want to be part of progress? Do you want to work in a dynamic international environment? Are you enthusiastic about enabling effective business decision making at the heart of ASML’s complex high-tech environment, to further drive the success of ASML?
This position reports to the Country Finance Lead in Korea and is responsible for performing controlling activities for a specific topic, at different seniority levels. Ensures all analyses related to this topic are aligned with customers & internal stakeholders and carried out effectively, while developing the team towards more advanced data & analytics capabilities.
Role and responsibilities
Business Insights & Control (BI&C) is responsible for identifying and developing financial data models that generate business insights and support decision making, by using a combination of cross-sector data sources and applying leading analytics tools and technologies in order to increase business value.
You will provide transparent information to enable and drive effective decision making in achieving our strategic objectives. Part of the Finance 2025 vision of ASML is to transition in the next couple of years from forecasting and budgeting based on historical trend information and run rates, towards predictive modelling that support the budgeting and forecasting processes. We need your help to deliver on this transition.
The role is part of a highly driven global team, working together with different parts of the finance organization as well as with counterparts in the business environment of ASML. You will be exposed to several senior management layers in the organization.
Together with the team you are responsible for:
1. Perform intake of and decide on new/routine analytical requests with stakeholders
2. Perform financial analyses to support decision taking
3. Approve requisitions / investment proposals and supporting business cases
4. Perform contract reviews to determine impact on financial planning and advise the business accordingly
5 .Align with stakeholders on execution progress of analytics requests
6. Present outcomes of analyses to stakeholders
7. Align with other analytical hubs in case of joined delivery of insights (financial and non-financial)
8. Align with experts where needed to provide integrated insights with correct assumptions
9. Responsible and/or accountable for Planning, Reporting and Analysis activities (MOR cycle)
10. Contribute to projects related to improved automation of planning (e.g., Machine Learning models)
11. Lead a team and ensure alignment of team activities to the rest of finance
12. Working closely with the leadership team to formulate the business's medium to long term financial and strategic plan
Education and experience
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration and above, preferably followed by a chartered controller qualification.
- Fluent in English.
- About 15-20 years in Finance roles, including at least 5 years in Business Control as part of a Management Team, in large-size international industrial companies, preferably in complex technology businesses.
- Track record in financial and business control at business unit, divisional or group level.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, being able to influence without hierarchical power, and creative in managing a large and diverse range of stakeholders;
- Maintain personal effectiveness and people focus under pressure, high speed of change and uncertainty;
- Ability to guide and advise at all organizational levels to effect sustainable change and improving the process maturity level of the organization
- Team player, enjoys working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams with the ability to work independently;
- Self-driven and ambitious;
- Result oriented and bridge builder;
- Getting things done in a large organization;
- Hands on;
- Takes ownership of issues from start to completion;
- Able to provide an unbiased view on business priorities.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
The ASML Finance Mission Statement is: add value to ASML by supporting our company’s business and driving financial performance on a world class level.
To achieve this, we will:
- Act as a recognized business partner by supporting decisions on all levels by guiding on and deploying of cross sector, operational measures and processes;
- Protect the business by securing corporate governance, integrity and risk mitigation;
- Realize cost effective transactional and financial processes on a global scale;
- Maintain a learning environment where people can grow and challenge each other with high commitment, the right flexibility and continuous improvement in mind.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.