You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Design Engineer - Productivity Performance
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you a person who can think and act on a system level to ensure continuous improvements in the performance of the machine? Do you define yourself as a person with a “test mentality” whose communication skills are some of his/her best assets? Then the job of a Productivity engineer is just for you!
As a productivity engineer you will be part of the team that integrates a wide variety of Hardware, Software and other deliveries into one system that performs at a specified level.
Role and responsibilities
The scope of the position is broad as it contains multiple topics related to optimizing Productivity. As you will be working on predicting, validating and driving solutions to secure Productivity specs, you will have a direct impact on enabling our external customers to rump-up towards High Volume Manufacturing for Twinscan systems.
Overview of main activities:
- Predict the Productivity performance of scanner in collaboration with Productivity-SE and Product-SE;
- Validate the Productivity performance of the system during the integration phase by defining integration and test strategy and by analyzing qualification results;
- Support/participate in System Performance Evaluation, PERTpreparation, understanding interdependencies in the system, related toProductivity impact;
- Troubleshoot and manage field customer issues including alignment with marketing & program managers;
- Drive improvements to enhance the Productivity performance of the next generation of systems;
- Report on system integration productivityprogress, test results and the system’sfunctionality and performance.
- Perform simulations to predict system performance on Productivity;
- Create Productivity Test Performance Specifications (TPS) & review TPSs created by other DE groups with possible Throughput impact;
- Create recipes specific for productivity TPSs and customer specific requests;
- Analyses and reports on acquired system data;
- Qualify Service packs, software and hardware designs of Functional Clusters on Throughput;
- Monitor field (population) data and perform analyses to identify trends and initiate improvement proposals;
- Troubleshoot Productivity related issues in the field and factory;
- Executes the daily work in accordance with the Productivity team plan;
- Interfaces with system test engineers, project leads, PEs,configuration engineers, upgrade integrators and projectarchitects/engineers;
- Reports to Productivity Project Leader and Productivity Architect.
Education and experience
Technical University masters, preferably PhD, in (applied) physics, optics, mechanical engineering, mechatronics, electrical engineering or similar.
- Three to five years of experience is required;
- Experience in working with engineers across disciplines to solve complex problems in a timely manner;
- Strong emphasis on creative problem solving and effective communication;
- Analytical and experimental experience;
- Experience in test design and qualification;
- Advanced level of Excel(VBA), Matlab and Python;
- Experience/knowledge of software is preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Be able to break down complex problems with limited data to come to solutions – strong critical thinking capability with pragmatic attitude;
- Have strong written and oral communication skills and a commitment to achieving results while under time constraints; high energy, high level of dedication;
- Self-propelling who enjoys working in a dynamic project;
- Be willing to jump in on new issues, get to the bottom of the causes and propose practical solutions;
- A working knowledge of MatLab/Python for data collection and analysis to drive towards conclusions/solutions;
- Be able to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignments on schedule;
- Ability to interact with various levels of stakeholder: functional cluster engineers/architects, project leaders, program managers, marketing, customer support and factory engineers;
- Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and through experiments);
- Be able to lead engineers and other stakeholders in executing activities related to complex tests, data gathering and effectively communicate results to managers and customers.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.