You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
ReUse engineer Engineer EDEV D&E
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. We can only do so by using the real strength of ASML, the employee. We are proud of who we are, of our achievements, how we accomplish these achievements.
Do you take the lead in driving multidisciplinary projects to successful delivery? Do you see the big picture without missing important details? Then we want to get in touch with you.
Role and responsibilities
In the position of re-use engineer you take together with the other team members responsibility for exploring and initiating re-use and waste reduction opportunities.
You are responsible for arranging and performing technical re-use assessments with FC owners and architects. Youanalyze module roadmaps, investigate and challenge the need for change and/or redesign of a module. Together with the team you analyze the work packages and requirements for the module projects to maximize re-use and minimize waste as a result of the intended changes. You align with the re-use PL’s, Function Owners and Function Architects.
You will generate learnings related to process, tooling, documentation and design guidelines within each project and support to embed them into the standing organization.
- Contribute to ASML’s journey to the circular business model.
- Define, develop and help to implement the methodology of the re-use assessment.
- Apply and validate the re-use methodology on pilot projects together with the PL’s and the D&E teams (MDEV, EDEV, MC, optics)from re-use organization for various projects in NPI and IBP&S.
- Contribute to business case definition of the re-use projects by calculating the Total Cost of Waste for new products.
- Contribute to embedding of the re-use framework into the existing ASML processes.
- Work with manufacturing, suppliers and supply chain management to ensure pilot release testing of the proposed re-use opportunities and a smooth transition to volume production.
- Become a technical leader with focus of re-use.
- You organize and execute technical assessments with the module teams and definition of re-use requirements.
- You interact with module designers and architects on technical content.
- You create and capture the learnings and assist in embedding these into the ASML existing processes and GID’s.
- You assist in developing the way of working for Edev re-use.
- Analyze E&O and create E&O heatmap data and re-use savings to be used by the PL.
Education and experience
BSc in electrical/industrial engineering.
- >3 years of experience in developing, integrating and testing electronics preferably for high tech production equipment.
- Solid technical background (both theoretical and practical) in electronics.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to plan your own work and set priorities.
- Multi-disciplinary minded, with focus on Electronics.
- Excellent technical understanding of electronic parts, functions and failure mechanisms.
- Capable in dealing with resistance and influencing without power.
- Self-assured, capable of convincing people.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Good interpersonal skills, work pleasantly with people with differing backgrounds and in different departmental and geographical cultures; at various hierarchical levels
- Think broad, learn fast, take responsibility, act decisive and show critical sense.
- Good communicator in English.
- Pragmatic and a pro-active initiating attitude.
- Show ownership in a broader sense. Drive your small part in a big change for the future
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The D&E Edev re-use competence team is part of the D&E Architecture Platform & Apps department and works for the cross sector re-use cluster. The mission of the re-use competence team is to:
- Accelerate leaning on lifetime and failure modes of products, re-use processes and design guidelines to enable re-use
- Reduce cost within our operations
- Eliminate waste
To collectively contribute to ASML’s circular economy and sustainability goals.
You will report to the D&E Re-Use GL.
Please submit your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
For more information please contact Emil Peters (Hiring Manager)
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.