You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Internal Communications Business Partner
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Organizations of any size need excellent communication to function, and in large and complex organizations, the importance of communication is magnified. Empowered employees need knowledge and information to understand the big picture and make smart decisions, and leaders who understand the potential of communication to help achieve business results need the right tools, platforms, and hands-on support to increase their impact.
As ASML communications professionals, we are much more than information purveyors or internal journalists: we support ASML in its ambition to grow, mature and meet the increasing demands of the semiconductor market. Will you join us?
Role and responsibilities
You will be the Internal Communications Business Partner (Domain Expert) for Customer Support (CS), and you will work closely with the head of CS who is also a member of ASML’s Executive Committee. You will partner with stakeholders to provide communication that contributes to the success of key business-and employee engagement initiatives.
You will be part of an internal communications team organized according to the agile methodology, which means you will have your own responsibilities as Partner and Domain Expert for CS while also contributing to the communication strategy and initiatives of other ASML stakeholders, who are increasingly organizing themselves across sectors on key topics (as we are). The agile team functions as a self-steering team, and in your role you will:
- Lead, coordinate and deliver (strategic) internal communications initiatives
- Create relevant communications content and assets for an internal global audience.
- Support external communications initiatives relevant to CS or other ASML sectors and departments when necessary.
Also required of this role is measuring the effectiveness of communications and managing your business leader’s budget and/or spend on communications as agreed in the annual communications plan. Together with your head of team you will insure our communications initiatives:
- Have clear objectives
- Are tied to business goals
- Can be measured and evaluated
- Ultimately answer the question, “did we make a difference?”
You will work with your peers across Internal Communications and with the Corporate Communications and Employer Branding teams, to identify new opportunities for cross-functional or company-wide communications initiatives.
Education and experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience in internal and/or corporate communications
- Master-level education in a relevant field
- Advanced English skills (C1 or higher)
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You can give strategic advice to senior managers
- You have a natural ability to build strong relationships with relevant stakeholders to work with them to address and overcome barriers to effective communication.
- Addressing challenges and creating a basis for communication to have impact comes naturally to you.
- You can break complex problems and opportunities into executable tasks and deliverables, even in moments of ambiguity.
- You are a true team player who believes that the contribution of the team creates more impact, and you are a strong contributor to team development.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment. You have the attitude and enthusiasm to match the proactive, ‘shape & drive’ mentality of CS.
You are a senior communications professional with a proven track record in working with senior leaders in a complex, international and multiple-stakeholder environment.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The Head of CS and most of his direct staff are located in Veldhoven, but the CS itself is spread across all our regions and close to our customers. It is a dynamic, 24/7 global operation that supports all the world’s top semiconductor manufacturers. Travel may be required periodically.
You will join the Internal Communications (IC) team and report to the manager of the Operations & Programs IC team. The team includes other communications business partners and professionals supporting ASML’s Chief Operating Officer, four major sectors and three large transformation programs.
You will be part of a large communications team with a variety of backgrounds and nationalities, and you will be offered opportunities to develop your skills and your career. Global Corporate Communications at ASML covers media, employee branding, center of expertise (branding, digital, content, events, and channels) as well as internal communications.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.