You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
System Test Engineer - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The DE (Development & Engineering) System Integration Group is responsible for defining and driving the system integration of new products/options for full functional machine and performance qualification within time to market target. System Test Engineer takes the technical lead in the integration of multiple modules/subsystem into one subsystem/complete system and testing their functionalities, including Software, Hardware, Mechatronics and their interfaces. Integration is done on both functional level and on performance level of the key performance indicators of ASML’s systems (throughput, overlay, focus etc.)
System Test Engineer defines optimal integration and test strategy to achieve this goal and takes part in execution of this strategy on one or more platforms. During integration and introduction of the systems at the first customers, the System Test Engineer will also take the lead in the analysis of complex system issues and in the definition and testing of the solution for such issues.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Define integration strategy for system integration.
- Optimize operational integration efficiency.
- Define test strategy during integration: which items are needed in which order to perform stepwise integration into one system.
- Take lead in analysis of system issues that have been found during integration testing.
- Define both short and long term solutions for system issues.
- Support/participate in integration tests on the system; develop test scripts to verify new functionalities on Prototypes.
- Report on system integration progress, test results and the system’s functional, performance and reliability capabilities.
- Coordinate intake of subsystem deliveries including the verification of sufficient quality.
- Advocate integration way of working and ensure the quality of integration tasks.
Education and experience
- BS or MS in engineering or sciences majors, e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Optical Engineering, Physics and etc or equivalent experience.
- BS with minimum of 3yrs experience.
- MS with minimum of 1yr experience.
- Preferably knowledge on ASML machines at system level.
- Experience in integration activities, e.g. as integrator in multidisciplinary project.
- Experience in testing (Software, Multifunctional system, Software/Hardware Interface) at functional level.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This position is located on-site in Wilton, CT. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.