You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Test and Measurement Lab Technician- Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers-the world’s leading chipmakers-to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). As a condition of employment, qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As a member of the Test and Measurement Facility Team, support product development by performing hands-on build, prototyping, proof-of-concept, diagnostic and troubleshooting testing, of electrical and mechanical systems. Support Lab 5S and Safety activities, as well as maintenance of the lab instrumentation and equipment.
- Lab management and coordination:
- Supports, trains, and supervises, users on the correct use of lab equipment.
- Support setup and operation of test equipment, data collection and analysis.
- Purchase general use lab supplies, and support equipment purchases.
- Maintain the calibration status of the lab per ASML ISO requirements.
- Maintains inventory of equipment.
- Enable lab users to follow ASML WoW and safety regulations for:
- Storing, handling, and disposing of project related materials.
- Maintainingtest benches, prototypes, and miscellaneous hardware.
- 5S+S (Sort, Set, Shine, Standardize, Sustain, and Safety) keeping the laboratory safe and organized.
- Prototyping and electrical/mechanical build activities:
- Read, understand, and execute using wiring diagrams, schematics, and electrical/mechanical technical documents.
- PCA assembly and soldering.
- Cable creation (connectorization, wiring, crimping, soldering).
- Electrical Cabinet assembly, wire hookup, and commissioning.
- Use of standard mechanical tools.
- High Voltage assembly.
- OSHA and NFPA compliance.
- Mechanical build assembly, including precision alignment.
Education and experience
- High School Degree with 5 years relevant work experience or equivalent experience.
- High School Degree and Technical Certification (i.e. Electronic Technician) with 3 years relevant work experience.
- Associates Degree with 3 years relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, electrical or mechanical, with 2 years relevant work experience.
- Analytical and pragmatic approach to troubleshooting (required).
- Fundamental knowledge of working with AC and DC Power Distribution systems (required).
- Experience understanding documentation of and creating from base materials (preferred):
- Interconnect Cables and Harnessing.
- Electronic Racks, Cabinets, Boxes and Control Consoles.
- Printed Circuit Boards.
- Shielding, EMC & grounding concepts.
- Safety regulations (e.g. NFPA/IPxx/CB reports) (preferred).
- Design knowledge, including but not limited to Electrical-layout, PCB design, analog/power board design, SW & VHDL (preferred).
- Ability to specify and operate advanced instrumentation (Mixed-signal oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, embedded/programmable logic programmers and debuggers, programmable
- power supplies, climatic chambers, arbitrary signal generator, thermal test equipment, GPIB, data acquisition modules etc.) (preferred).
- Hardware Software Interface knowledge (preferred).
- Quality improvement methodologies (5S, Lean Principles, TQM) (preferred).
- MS Office, Excel, Powerpoint (Required).
- Electronic Design Automation – Mentor Graphics xDX/xPCB Designer, PSpice, OrCAD, PADs or similar (Preferred).
- MS Visio, Sharepoint, Planner (Preferred).
- Programmable Logic Controllers(PLC) or Distributed Control Systems (DCS) (Preferred).
- MATLAB (Preferred).
- LabVIEW (Preferred).
- C, C++, Python, Perl (Preferred).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.