You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Benchtop Engineer (BTE)
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Other technical job categories
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Other technical job categories, Other job categories
Introduction to the job
The SwOps ‘Bench Top Engineer’ (BTE) will be responsible for defining, designing, implementing, testing, delivering, tracking, and providing status on ‘All’ Bench Top Task Force’s (BTTF) Deliverables.
These deliverables include but are not limited to the Design, Build, Modify, Test, Validate, and Debug of a variety of the Software Development Group and Software Integration Group’s Bench Tops, ½ Racks, Scanner Simulators, and ‘Stand-Alone’ Test Equipment.
The BTE will be required to support and execute to the BTTF Road Map and Software Test Plans, and analyze, write, and execute ‘Complex’ Manual and Automated Test ‘Setup’ Procedures, Maintain Test Automation Python Scripts, Maintain test results documentation, assist/support Debugging and Modification of Software, create and executes Software Commissioning on Test Benches, create,release, and maintains BT schematics, component layouts, bills of Material (BOM), analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality, recommend corrective action when needed, Debug/ Troubleshoot issues, and consults with Development Engineers to resolution problems.
Role and responsibilities
- Ability to Evaluate new HW Functionalities
- Ability to Debug/Troubleshoot Network Communication Issues
- Ability to Create ‘Test Strategies’ to ensure appropriate Test Coverage
- Ability to Publish and Implement ‘Test Plans’ for Software Module and System Level Test
- Ability to Execute ‘Test Cases’ and maintain ‘Test Results’
- Assists in generation of ‘Quality Assurance Metrics’; BT, ½ Rack, SCS Availability/Reliability
- Analyze ‘Test Results’ and provide ‘Progress Reports’ to engineers and management
- Work closely with developers to isolate and understand problems and issues
- Collect data on ‘Problems/Issues’ and return findings to the SDev/SInt teams for implementation of root cause solutions
- Follows BTTF Development Process
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and experience
- BSEE, BSME, BSCS or ‘Equivalent’
- 0-3 Years’ ‘Hands-On’ Experience Designing, Building, Upgrading, Maintaining, and Debugging of ‘Complex’ Test Equipment
- Python Scripting Experience to create, modify, debug Automated Scripts
- Ability to Build ‘Complex’ Test equipment from Assembly Schematics and Cable Overviews
- Expertise/Experience using VOMs, Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, and others
- Experience using ‘Documents’ to ‘Qualify/Validate ‘Complex’ Test Systems
- Ability to support, deliver to, and provide timely status on BTTF Roadmap
- Excellent Customer Service Skills with the ability to work Cross Functionally within ASML
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.