You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Supply Chain Graduate Acceleration Program
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management, Mechanical engineering, Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Are you almost or recently graduated on University or University of Applied Sciences level and do you want to become a supply chain specialist, leader, project manager or more a commercial role as tactical buyer? This is your chance! The ASML Sourcing & Supply Chain Graduate Acceleration Program is a fantastic opportunity to kick-start your career. Join our two-year development program at our headquarters in Veldhoven, The Netherlands, where we’ll provide you with the opportunity to learn about a broad range of our supply chain operations: from securing on-time delivery of materials, interacting with suppliers to ensure effective and efficient execution of the operational procurement activities, to optimizing inventory levels across our warehouses and reacting to customer demand.
Role and responsibilities
Our newest machines comprise about 100,000 parts, and it takes four airplanes to transport them to our clients. As a result, supply chain at ASML requires creativity and boldness. We plan four years ahead, while our bills of materials can change weekly. If you’re enthusiastic about solving issues before they become problems, join this Graduate Acceleration Program.
By joining our two-year development program, you will receive the ideal combination of ‘learning’ and ‘doing’ that will build the fundamentals needed for a career in supply chain. You will gain specific ASML product and process knowledge and interact with other departments across the business and the world. Our sourcing and supply chain colleagues are involved from start to finish across our value chain, managing an extensive supplier base, proactively contributing to business results with creative and collaborative solutions, and continuously improving our internal processes and way of working.
- You will work for two years in a position within our sourcing and supply chain department, such as a coordinator, project management officer, tactical buyer or analyst. Based on your background and preferences, we will match you to a role that suits you best.
- The graduate program is similar to a traineeship but probably without job rotation, you specialize in a specific field via a regular position. The roles within our company are challenging and will evolve over time.
- You will participate in an intensive training and development program to accelerate your personal growth. The program consists of approximately 10 training days a year to develop your hard, soft and cultural skills.
- You will receive guidance from a personal mentor from the company as well as a professional coach from an external company to define your personal learning goals and drive your personal development.
You will be part of our industry-leading sourcing and supply chain (strategic sourcing, procurement and supply chain management) organization, which includes over ~1,500 people worldwide. We are responsible for guaranteeing material availability at the right quality and cost to our factories and customers. We manage the complete chain from development and engineering, suppliers, customers and ASML factories, including purchasing, freight, transport and warehousing. Our DNA contains customer focus, concurrent engineering and virtual integration, plus the ability to thrive in a volatile market, accelerate the supply chain and deliver creative solutions.
Some interesting facts about the ASML supply chain:
- Every hour that one of our systems is down costs the client a lot of money. Any break in material availability can have an unacceptable impact for our customers.
- We have a supplier base of 900+ suppliers.
- For each system, we manage around 100 supply chains going up to 10 tiers deep.
Education and experience
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in the field of supply chain management, operations management, logistics, industrial engineering with a focus on supply chain management. For the tactical buying positions were are also open for (international) business, finance and hotel management or related studies. You do not have more than six months of relevant working experience and you will graduate before the start of the program.
- You have a maximum of six months of relevant working experience
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You are hands-on, down-to-earth and pragmatic.
- You can handle push back.
- You would like to work in a multicultural environment comprising over 120 nationalities.
- You speak and write fluent English.
- You participated in extracurricular activities, such as serving as part of the board for a student association or did volunteer work.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
We offer you
- A contract with a competitive compensation and benefits package including good salary, 40 days paid leave, 13th month and profit sharing
- Training sessions to develop yourself professionally
- A safe environment to experiment with what you learn
- A close network with your fellow program participants
- Apply: the application deadline for the Sourcing & Supply Chain Graduate Acceleration Program is Monday January 2, 2023.
We will inform you if your resume has been selected for the first round of the selection process no later than 3 days after the application deadline.
- This round consists of an online pre-recorded interview. The candidates matching our selection criteria will be invited to answer to few pre-set questions via HireVue.
- The selection will take place on January 24 & 25 2023. The selection days will consists of a presentation of our Sourcing & Supply Chain departments, job interviews and a collaboration game.
- Job offer: you’ll be informed within a couple of days after the selection days if you will receive a job offer.
Preferred starting date: the program will start in March 1, 2023.
If you have any questions, send an email to [email protected]
ASML: Be part of progress
ASML is an innovation leader in the semiconductor industry. We provide chipmakers with everything they need – hardware, software and services – to mass produce patterns on silicon through lithography. We’re a global team of more than 35,000 people from 123 different nationalities and counting.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.