You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
FAB Operation Manager - HiNA
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers-the world’s leading chipmakers-to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). As a condition of employment, qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As a manager for the EXE Fab Team we are looking for a visionary leader who demonstrates a positive attitude, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team in a self-less manner to achieve great results. This manager mustbe apro-active problem solver who has strong organizational skills, and continuously strives for site continuity and improvements. Most importantly weare looking for somebody with an ingrained core value of people development and is viewed as caring and trustworthy.
- Communicate vision for the group and translate that vision into a direction.
- Develop initiatives that align with the strategic direction and drive team to execute.
- Ensure adequate staff and productive working conditions within the group by executing the Human Resources policies.
- Instruct and support the activities and control the Site Support actions.
- Appoint workload, set priorities, solve problems and ensure timely and correct deliveries conform to planning.
- Mobilize resources to provide service for ASML products and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Improve communication and performance of the Customer Support organization.
- Work with ASML customer organization to gather information and ensure service meets customer requirements.
- Establish aligned strategic plan for customer satisfaction balanced with ASML business initiatives.
- Participate in the Account Support Team organization in order to solve escalated issues in an effective and efficient way.
- Ensure the conditions to avoid problems and to support the organization to deal with occurring issues effectively.
- Ensure requests for Support staff are properly prioritized.
- Monitor all site escalations for proper priority, response, staffing and follow-up.
- Ensure the proactive monitoring of equipment and follow-up to all service orders.
- Act as the central point of contact for the support organization.
- Provide weekly reports tosite Manager on support organization.
- Assess customer satisfaction with ASML service levels, products and company performance.
- Assess customer product and system needs, provide consultation.
- Plan and negotiate Service contracts with customers to ensure high degree of system performance and reliability.
- Manages and owns internal and customer performance metrics.
- Manage labor hours, headcount and costs of the local team.
- Manage the investments, expenses and overtime based upon outlined ASML business policies.
- Provide input to the overall CS budget for the local team.
- Improve communication and international co-operation.
- Implement and improve policies, processes, procedures, data base management and administrative control within the region.
- Drives change to exploit opportunities.
- Ensure alignment with key stakeholders worldwide for solution finding, process improvement and implementation.
- Manage 2 Group leaders and a team leader.
Education and experience
- BS degree in an engineering field or equivalent experience.
- 8- 10 years of experience with 2-3 years of management experience with projects and people.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of semiconductor industry and products normally acquired through industry specific technical support or service role; knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, semiconductor processes, software and related disciplines.
- Experience in Customer Support organization, preferably in Lithographic process industry.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.