You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
In-Fab Materials Team Leader
Sourcing & Supply Chain
In a nutshell
N. Phoenix - AZ, US
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The role of the material handler is to maintain and control our inventory at the customer facility covering basic logistics activities. These covers receiving materials arriving at the customer, facilitating material usage onsite, shipping materials offsite and all activities in-between. This role will require being in the customer cleanroom for the majority of the time. May require domestic travel.
Role and responsibilities
Position will be in TSMC fab in NW Phoenix.
Front Half Nights, Compressed Work Week (CWW), 12-hour shifts, 4 days on 3 days off/3 days on 4 days off.
The team leader will supervise 2 to 4 direct reports facilitating all material movements into and out of the warehouse located within the customer facility across multiple shifts. This role requires the candidate to operate independently and maintain the warehouse operation with little intervention spending the majority of their time in the customers cleanroom, this will be balance across shift and central project planning. The candidate will have responsibility for executing all material movements to supply materials per demand and including upfront set and planning with enable the operation. The team leader will be responsible for team development and maintaining the team capacity through recruitment. This role will have the opportunity/need for domestic travel for extended periods following project demand.
- Manage the in-fab shift to maintain inventory accuracy and full traceability of all materials moving in and out of the customer site (temporary warehouse).
- Plan and implement temporary warehouse encompassing facilities and processes required to run the warehouse operation.
- Efficiently manage warehouse space, direct the organization of materials and oversee material handling.
- Own the onsite inventory thereby being the first point of contact for material availability issues.
- Train all team members to follow all operating procedures required for the day-to-day operation.
- Participate in improvement projects
- Ensure all customer housekeeping requirements are satisfied.
- Comply with all safety requirements and maintain a strong safety culture in the team. Must have a safety first mentality through proactively speaking up about concerns, following PPE requirements and setting an example for others to follow.
Education and experience
- GSE required, associate’s degree is a benefit or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of ERP systems preferred (non-specific).
- Must have experience of supervising a small team.
- Must have 5+ of work experience within in a logistics, operations or production role.
- Cleanroom and semiconductor industry experience is a benefit.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Looking for a team player that is capable to guide and develop a team.
- Safety first mentality.
- Good attention to detail with strong communication skills to engage with both the customer and internal teams.
- Must be able to pass 10 year background check.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office. Shift: Front Half Nights
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.