You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Thank you for visiting ASML careers. Please keep in mind that we’ll be performing maintenance on our servers from May 31 – June 5, 2023. During this time, you won’t be able to search or apply for any jobs, but we encourage you to return after June 5 to access all vacancies.
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
The DUV Optical Column department is responsible for developing the optical systems that are used for projecting an ic-design layer onto the wafer. The department is divided into multiple groups each of which works in its own specialist subsystem / area.
The holder of this position reports to the Group Leader DUV Projection Immersion and operates within a multidisciplinary development team.
Role and responsibilities
To lead and drive various stages of development, integration, issue resolution and qualification of projection sub-systems by specializing in the design and analysis of optical sub-systems and control algorithms.
- Technically lead the deliverables in the product development and set direction for the various solutions in the DUV projection modules.
- Contribute to troubleshoot and solving issues, escalations and customer specific requests. This involves analyzing data, connecting the results to physical phenomena and steer towards the proper solution directions
- Specifies, designs and makes tests for system qualification, testing tools and materials needed; supervises the making of models and prototypes and carries out the optical tests and adapts the design accordingly.
- Build a relationship and closely work together with our main development partners and suppliers.
- Ensures the modularity, reparability and serviceability of the designs and control loops.
- Drives the integration of the improvements of optical sub-system and control models into ASML products, analyses the problems, and drives solutions (CR/CSR).
Education and experience
- Technical University Master’s in physics, optics or equivalent.
- Experience with Matlab and data analysis. Experience in the field of high-tech system development. Broad knowledge of optical systems and system control algorithms.
- Experience in the High-Tech industry
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Be curious, self-propelling, show initiative and drive
- Be transparent such that stakeholders are informed and aligned about the status of the deliverables
- Coach junior design engineers and advise product architects
- Teams up with your fellow team members including the Product Owner and Scrum Master
- Aspire and consider alternative perspectives to create stronger solutions
- Listen to stakeholders and understand their needs and expectations prior to providing solutions
- Encourage open communication and invite people to contribute
- Connect with people internally and externally to share knowledge, and learn from each other’s mistakes and successes
- Align goals with those of others in order to find solutions that benefit the entire company
- Build on the feedback and able to speak up when there is a different view point
- Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions, ability to convey these in an understandable fashion.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Can grow as a technical expert with the ability to coach and train junior engineers.
- Use and learn various level stakeholder balancing
- Sharpen your customer understanding
The holder of this position is reporting to the DUV Projection Immersion Group Leader.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.