You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Lean Business Partner
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
The Lean team drives and supports the EF organization in becoming operational excellent as a means to realize the EF business goals. As a Lean change agent you will be the trusted partner for the business managers, guiding them through this major change transformation.
Since the beginning of 2017, the foundation was laid to create a pull for Lean principles within the EF organization.
The EF staff embraced the concepts of hoshin kanri, daily management and structured problem solving supported by Lean leadership behavior.
Role and responsibilities
The Lean business partner reports to the Manager Lean within the Organizational Excellence department of the EUV Factory. The Lean business partner is the business partner for Planning and Logistics department and responsible for all deployment aspects within this department. He or she drives the deployment and supports and guides teams and leaders with implementing the daily management system, coaches them in developing problem solving techniques and Lean leaders behavior. As a Lean business partner, you will respectfully challenge the status quo and act as a role model for Lean thinking.
The main responsibilities of the Lean business partner are: developing the Lean and Organizational Excellence capabilities of the organization (training, coaching, challenge on Lean principles and being a catalyst in driving the change) and driving the business performance impact of the Lean program (A3’s, 4C’s, Breakthrough Initiatives). The position also requires experience in both project & change management skills. (i.e. event planning, execution & follow up). The holder of this position also contributes to ASML’s System of Mastering Lean by improving the Lean standards used within the EF Lean team and ASML.
In alignment with the accountable business manager, as a business partner you will:
- Set & agree deployment goals
- Co-designs the deployment plan
- Challenge the change curve
- Define success criteria and roles & responsibilities
- Challenge progress regularly with your stakeholders
- Be role model in adapting Lean principles and coach on Lean behavior
- Support business impact initiatives (A3’s, 4C’s, Breakthrough Initiatives)
As a Lean team member you will:
- Share and inform the team about deployment progress, bottle-necks and help requests
- Supports your colleagues pro-actively in the deployment or building each other’s expertise
- Contribute to improvements to the ASML Lean standards
- Challenge your colleagues adapting the Lean principles in our own team
- Improve our daily operations and participates in strategic steps
- Be partner towards the business in driving for Lean improvements
Education and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree
- Experience in Lean deployment or application is a pre
- Thorough knowledge and experience with internal logistics
- Additional relevant experience with continuous improvement methods (problem solving, six sigma) or change/ project management experience is a pre
- Fundamental knowledge of Lean principles and change management models
- Experience with managing change on culture and leadership
- Facilitation, training & coaching
- Background in operational / manufacturing environment is also a pre
- Fluent in Dutch and English
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
A passion for continuous improvement and ‘to get things done’ mentality
- Great networking skills, able to work & communicate at multiple levels of the organization
- The ability to motivate & inspire colleagues in Lean Thinking as a business necessity
- Has the potential to use a wide range of different influencing techniques (influencing without power)
- Crisp communicator by fact-based and well-structured messages in a range of different formats
- Ability to observe team dynamics and coach and/or define improvements for better way of work
- Is able to listen to others issues & able to connect to people at all levels by showing empathy
- Actively gives and seeks constructive feedback, dares to have courageous conversations
- Good team player who is committed to the success of LEAN deployment within ASML
- Be openminded and eager to learn from others
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Please submit a recent CV and motivation letter for this position alongside your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.