You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Manufacturing and Service Tooling
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation? If so, then a job of Senior Design Engineer in Mechanics at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Role and responsibilities
Take ownership for the design of precision mechanical tools, which are reliable, safe, contamination free, cost effective and easy to manufacture and service within the restrictions imposed by specifications, costs and planning considerations. The Design Engineer reports to the group leader Manufacturing and Service Tooling and is operational within (multidisciplinary) projects.
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, you work on the design of one or more tooling developments or issues, creating designs with a small team of experts in project setting.
- Specify and design tooling for functional requirements in the area of manufacturing and service.
- Seek customers satisfaction and optimal manufacturability and serviceability.
- Comply to precision mechanical construction principles and competence standards.
- Responsible for the technical product documentation.
- Realize the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of various tests.
- Establish supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability.
Education and experience
Bachelor and/or Master in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience (i.e., mechanical design in a complex technical multi-disciplinary environment).
- Knowledge of precision engineering, ergonomics, dynamics, mechatronics, mechanics, high precision adjustment, position and fixation solutions is preferred.
- Experience with ASML WoW and processes is an absolute benefit.
- Skilled in technical, correct and effective communication with suppliers and (internal) customers.
- Highly effective in 3D CAD modeling (preferable UG/NX).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills (English).
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of tooling design.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Eager to drive own development.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. What’s it like working at ASML? Find out more on our YouTube page and our Working at ASML website.
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your (design) portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.