You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Technical Trainer - Chandler, AZ
Other job categories
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
N. Phoenix - AZ, US
Other job categories, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers-the world’s leading chipmakers-to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). As a condition of employment, qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Demonstrate effective blended learning training delivery techniques in classroom, lab and online environments.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) defined in instructional training material.
- Examples include, but are not limited to: Safety, EUV / DUV light sources, scanners, drive lasers, applications and Yield Star and other training as required.
- Uses vetted technical procedures as designed.
- Uses knowledge and performance testing and other evaluation methods to measure trainee progress and effectiveness of training.
- Reports on progress of trainees during training periods.
- Reviews and revises released product training for technical accuracy and relevance.
- Provides input to course owners for continuous improvement.
- Collaboratively Interacts across multiple teams (e.g. New Product Introduction, Manufacturing, Global Support Centre, Engineering and Customer Support) effectively and efficiently to address and meet the learning needs of trainees and equipment performance.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on training equipment and tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors in Science (Electrical, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Computer Science, etc.) or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in communicating electronic, electrical, gas and/or mechanical engineering systems theory to ELS audiences in English.
- Training credential in work force education, technical field and/or equivalent experience and education.
- Minimum three years of delivering Technical Training with proven expertise.
- Proficient in training development; preferably in blended learning products.
- Demonstrated ability to determine and effectively report trainee performance.
- Capable of operating and maintaining electronic, optical and mechanical systems.
- Ability to use standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators and power meters.
- Ability to read, interpret and adhere to specifications, technical procedures and documents.
- Intermediate level arithmetic in the compilation and analysis of basic quantitative information.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through spoken, written and/or graphical formats.
- Demonstrated understanding of instructional systems design.
- Excellent customer service skills with an good understanding of stakeholder alignment.
- A background in field service, system maintenance and/ or process engineering in the semiconductor industry is preferred. Experience or knowledge of ASML EUV systems is preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.