You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Material Handler 4 - 2nd Shift
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Logistics & supply chain management
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
We have an exciting opportunity for an warehouse Material Handler at our location in San Diego, CA. This position will be responsible for the production and kitting of DUV products. The position will report to the Supervisor of the Spares Kitting work center.
The candidate will be responsible for order fulfillment actions in the Spares Kitting work center executing the receipt, verification, organization of kitting parts, systematic transactions and physical movement of all material in and out of the work center. Organize and handle a variety of departmental quality audits including monitoring accuracy and completeness of work. Champions safety, quality and productivity within the work center. Participates in processing of work orders in with quality, accuracy and timeliness. Aids with process improvement efforts. Assist various internal department and planners with expediting work center inventory escalations. Assist with plans, schedules and monitors the availability of material in the work center. Audits to insure quality controls are in place for work integrity. Coordinates the efficient movement of materials in and out of the work center.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
2nd shift,11:00am – 7:30pm, M-F
- Completes daily work activities of order processing and conduct physical material movements and transactions within the Spares Kitting work center.
- Create and manage work to ensure all shift requirements are adequately covered to complete work within established timeframes.
- Ensure work instructions followed and being utilized.
- Maintain employee skills competency and performance standards by completing establishing training as needed.
- Prioritize daily tasks for the day and complete critical tasks, as necessary.
- Ensure shift pass downs are executed.
- Support a system of measurements & metrics to monitor service levels.
- Contribute to the safety and security of the work center, for employees, material and Material Handling Equipment (MHE).
- Maintain and adjust space layout plans, as needed
- Responsible for managing overall physical inventory control processes while assisting with root cause analysis on inventory discrepancies by coordinating with cross functional peers and 3PL warehouse.
- Escalate issues clearly and in a timely manner via written and verbal communication.
- Process development and continuousimprovement initiatives within the work center.
- Receives and audits incoming materials.
- Conduct daily cycle counts of inventory.
- Processes jobs via computer system(s).
- Processes materials to return to warehouse,supplier/vendor etc.
- Packages, wraps, confirms materials approved forshipping.
- Expedites/communicates missing or quality issues withinthe work center.
- Files documentation in accordance with departmentprocedures.
- Operates Material Handling Equipment (MHE, i.e.,forklift, pallet jack)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum of two (2) yearsrelated experience in warehousing, logistics, manufacturing or distribution.
- Oracle, Business Objects, PowerBI and SharePoint experience strongly preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel,Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams.
- Strong problem solving skillsand self-starter.
- Experience working in an ContinuousImprovement environment a plus.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information,and documents in English
- Must be able to communicate in English (written andoral)
- Experienceoperating Powered Industrial Equipment including forklifts and palletjacks preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Requires working knowledge of warehouse operations andinventory.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Requires ability to understand existing processes andwork instructions.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast pacedworking environment.
- Knowledge of order fulfillment, cycle counting, qualityaudits, material receipts.
- Ability to work independently on jobfunctions and departmental tasks
- Can observe and respond topeople and situations and interact with others encountered in the courseof work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
2nd shift,11:00am – 7:30pm, M-F
This position is located off-site 3PL warehouse in San Diego, County. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related activity in the work center, trainings and meetings and to further teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
Role within the Warehouse
- Must be willing to work in a warehouse environment, sometimes operating material handling equipment and wearing proper PPE as needed for safety.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Must be willing to spend the majority of time (greater than 90% less break time) on the warehouse floor, walking, standing and sitting.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
TheCalifornia base annual salary/hourly range for this role is currently $20.37-$33.95. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment withmarket data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and anassessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate,including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education andexperience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative toother team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonusprogram, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.