You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Metadata Management Expert
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Do you have a passion for data? Do you have a drive for customer satisfaction? Are you eager to learn and further develop yourself in a company that is continuously developing the most advanced machines in the world? Then you may be the person we are looking for!
Vast amounts of data are generated by ASML equipment that is used by our customers in their semiconductor factories. This data is used (by both ASML as well as our customers) for many different use cases, e.g. to diagnose problems with the equipment, to do equipment performance monitoring, to support the maintenance process and to improve equipment performance by creating control loops. Next to that it is also used as input for the development of our next generation of machines.
This data is based on industry standards but also on ASML specific definitions.
All this data and its corresponding metadata represents a lot of value. Therefore it is crucial that this value is properly protected (i.e. protect ASML and our customer’s Intellectual Property) and that it is made available in a way that maximizes value for both ASML as well as our customers.
The ASML data policy has been defined to provide guidance on what (meta)data we share with customers in what situation. It is essential that (meta)data is made available in line with this guidance and in such a way that both customers as well as ASML can maximize vale generation from it.
Role and responsibilities
As Metadata Management Expert your primary focus is to ensure that metadata is made available to customers with high quality and in line with the ASML data policy and industry standards. You will answer questions from customers and deal with requests from customers for additional meta data. You will support customers by providing overviews of available metadata per platform and per system option. Together with respective data owners you will drive to make missing or incomplete meta data complete.
Based on customer requests or changes in industry standards you will initiate and participate in assignments to implement their requirements. This can mean expanding or adjusting existing tools, processes or publishing additional information to our Customernet. You will also initiate improvements based on feedback from customers, stakeholders and experts.
You will closely work across sectors with software developers, architects and other data stakeholders to ensure availability of high-quality metadata.
- Analyze, investigate and respond to requests for (additional) metadata from customers and industry standards
- Provide overviews of available metadata per platform and per system option
- Identify gaps and pain points in currently available meta data; based on that propose and initiate required improvements in meta data management processes or tools in collaboration with respective other groups/sectors
- Support in proper communication regarding meta data changes to customers
- Ensure metadata is provided to customers in line with the customer data sharing framework and in line with industry standards
- Deploy and communicate regarding tools and processes for making metadata available to customers, including training and in alignment with other machine meta data management initiatives. Ensure efficiency by re-use of knowledge and actively sharing experiences
Education and experience
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Information Technology, Business management or equivalent.
- Preferably 3-5 years relevant work experience in a similar field
- Understanding of metadata, managing metadata and metadata management processes
- Experience with communication, preferably towards customers or internal stakeholders
- Experience with deploying / training processes
- Understanding of data governance and data quality concepts
- Preferably knowledge of following applications: Collibra, Sharepoint, Powerpoint
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Good communication skills, both in writing as well as verbally.
- Accurate and precise
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player.
- Proactive personality who can deal with resistance.
- Technical affinity and ability to quickly learn.
- Ability to perform in high-pressure environments.
- A strong go-getter mentality with a hands-on focus.
- Strong client-orientation and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to work in a complex, truly global environment with high cultural diversity
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The D&E data department plays a key role in data generation, data security control, data quality assurance, data competence and new business opportunities by analyzing and using ASML machine data and application development. One of our key priorities is to ensure that machine meta data and data is of high quality and that changes are properly managed. In the semiconductor industry meta data has a high value, as such access to meta data has to be compliant with the ASML data policy which describes the rules and guidelines on sharing data and meta data.
In this role you will become part of the D&E (Design & Engineering) Data Governance group within the D&E DATA department and will report to the Group lead D&E Data Governance.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Recruitment Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system. If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.