You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Control Design Engineer EUV Wafer Stage
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering
Introduction to the job
Do you want to get aboard and control our Wafer Stage to move as fast as possible at nanometer accuracy? As one of the Wafer Stage Control Design Engineers, you will be in the driver seat using your mechatronic knowledge with focus on control expertise to get there.
Role and responsibilities
Responsible for integration and qualification of the new Wafer Stage with emphasis on servo control performance, signal analysis, functional integration and troubleshooting. You do this by:
- Working in multidisciplinary project teams, aimed at design, integration, qualification and troubleshooting of the Wafer Stage.
- Building and maintaining specialist knowledge in the fields of Servo Control / Motion Control, signal analysis and testing and basic knowledge of the areas software, mechanics, electronics, actuators, sensors and dynamics.
- Modeling and optimizing of sequences, functional and dynamic servo control loop behavior.
- Supporting the wafer stage architectural design and trade-offs between mechanical, electronic, software competencies.
- Integrating and testing the wafer stage: planning and execution.
- Documentation of specifications, design, and test results.
Education and experience
- Technical University Masters / PhD in Control Engineering (Mechatronics / Mechanical / Electrical / Aerospace engineering).
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role, preferably within ASML or in related high tech industry.
- A solid basis in mechanics with good feeling for mechatronics, electronics and software and measurement systems is required.
- Experience in multidisciplinary project work involving mechatronics, optics, electronics and software is a pre.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Team player.
- Good communicational skills and good knowledge of English.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Skilled in Matlab and Matlab Simulink.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The holder of the position reports to the group leader of the Wafer Stage Control group in the Mechatronics Systems Development (MSD EUV) department. The MSD EUV department within Bottom (BM) cluster is part of the sector Development & Engineering that is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The MSD EUV department is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems and components which are fitted into the end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components. Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems and material handling are part of this department’s main competences.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.