You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Global Support Center (GSC) Engineer EUV - CO2
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers-the world’s leading chipmakers-to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). As a condition of employment, qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As a GSC EUV Source CO2 competency engineer, the major R&R is to ensure that the CO2 Drive Laser and beam delivery system of the ASML EUV Source functions optimally to ensure stable and high performance EUV light towards the EUV Scanner. This enables ASML’s EUV tool to run a high volume of wafer exposures for chip manufacturing at ASML’s customers like Intel, Samsung and TSMC.
The Engineer will be responsible to troubleshoot & resolve issues related to equipment and performance problems in the EUV SourceCO2 sub-competences including: High Power Seed Module (HPSM), High Power Amplification Chain (HPAC) and High Power Drive Laser (HPDL), Beam Transport System (BTS), Final Focus Assembly (FFA), Final Focus Metrology (FFM), CO2 Performance, as well as relevant control systems.
Other major Roles & Responsibilities are as following:
- During the NPI phase be assigned to the project in order to gain the required skills and knowledge to independently support field escalations. Be in charge of their own training plan and indicate what is required. Transfer and share gained skills and knowledge within worldwide GSC in order to establish and maintain equal GSC Continental support teams. Travel onsite during introduction phase support by delivering knowledge/escalation handling to local organization.
Technical problem solving within competency
- Solving complex technical problems by remote analyzing data and creating deterministic forward looking action plans is key for a GSC Engineer. It is important to have good alignment on expectations with the local team and other GSC colleagues worldwide within this problem solving process. Involving additional help from development engineers’ help to drive fast incident resolution. On-site support is often required to solve the problem at customer sites. Another important task of a GSC engineer is to manage the (technical) escalation, secure that the right data is available and provide routine updates to management and stakeholders. Next to solving a technical problem, a GSC engineer is responsible to start the process to prevent the issue of happening again in future. Collaboration with the departments as CS Service Engineering is necessary to establish that goal.
- Sharing knowledge and expertise amongst colleagues within the GSC and with local engineers increase the efficiency of our customer service. Engineer needs to mentor trainees and delivers feedback on potential improvements. In addition identify learning by use of Incident Repeat Prevention process and make sure that proper follow-up is secured. On-site supports are always accompanied with knowledge transfers to local organization. Integrating background information in action plans is a perfect way to increase the knowledge level of the local engineers.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical science (Physics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Process technology, Aerospace Engineering) or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant, work related experience is required.
- Experience troubleshooting & resolving issues related to equipment and performance problems in the sub-competences including: Lasers, optics, opto-mechanical systems, optical coatings, photo-electromagnetic sensors, optical control loops.
- Experience solving complex technical problems, analyzing data and creating deterministic forward looking action plans.
- Ability to travel approx. 30% (domestic and/ or international).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
TheCalifornia base annual salary/hourly range for this role is currently $90,000.00-$150,000.00. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment withmarket data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and anassessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate,including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education andexperience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative toother team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonusprogram, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.