You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Network Operations Lead
Other job categories
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other job categories, Other job categories
Introduction to the job
As a Network Operations Lead you are a member of the IT Infrastructure Services team, part of the IT Operations and Infrastructure Competence Center of ASML. Within the position you will report directly to the US Operations Manager, but dotted line to the US Service Delivery Manager for Connectivity.You carry the responsibility for safeguarding the physical connectivity infrastructure. You will act on both an operational level, ensuring that designs, procedures and policies are in place, at a tactical level, translating the connectivity strategy into technical roadmaps.
IT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities. IT is striving for operational excellence by implementing extensive improvement programs to boost quality and reliability, to reduce costs and to minimize risks into our day-to-day operations. This means a high demanding environment with unique possibilities to learn, grow and to develop skills and careers in multiple domains.
Role and responsibilities
- Translate and realize the connectivity strategy into technical roadmaps.
- Validate design plans, quotes and orders proposed by vendors/contractors.
- Coordinate and assure quality of connectivity related changes, incidents and problems.
- Report on the operational health of the global connectivity infrastructure, driving improvements where needed working closely with our external service providers.
- Signal, analyze and realize improvements on procedures and policies used in the daily operation.
- Translate decisions into practical guidelines, policies and implementation plans.
- Provide technical consultation to internal business partners.
- Participate in domain architecture governance to identify and design the future state of the global connectivity domain, working collaboratively with regional IT teams.
- Support in the rollout of complex changes.
- Support in finding resolutions of high impact incidents.
- Responsible for capacity management of the service and review the capacity reports on a monthly basis.
- Provide capacity input for the capacity plan towards Capacity Manager.
- Advise on External Service Party Life Cycle planning, budget and execution.
- Maintain connectivity overviews for US regional locations.
Education and experience
- Bachelor or master degree in the area of computer science, technical business administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years professional experience with a focus on networking services.
- Valid industry certifications such as the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or CCNP. CISA is a plus.
- Broad knowledge of design compliance and internal auditing programs.
- Experience in networking and security technology, techniques and best practices.
- Experience in planning and managing strategic security programs.
- Experienced in participating in complex projects.
- Knowledge of project management methodology including planning, execution, validation and closure.
- Experienced in working in an environment where IT Service Management processes are used (e.g. ITIL).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Analytical, entrepreneurial, flexible and result oriented are keywords.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent leadership, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team player in the different management layers.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- 10 % Travel within US and annual travel to NL.
- On site 3 days per week in Wilton office.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.