You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Other job categories
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
As a business process engineer, every day is different. One day is devoted by business reporting activities in which you gather information from several data sources such as SAP but also from team leaders. You use this information to calculate KPI’s and support management in their weekly operations and you see how the factory is managed. In the past you helped management to define those KPI’s and to cascade them over different levels of processes. Other days, you are the independent sparring partner for management when you calculate the required amount of FTE for a certain output plan you receive from the supply chain management department. However, the ad-hoc questions from managers keep you busy as well.
Role and responsibilities
As a Business Process Engineer it will be your main task to assist the TWINSCAN factory LAB management team in making business critical decisions that allow our facilities to respond to the dynamic semiconductor market and improve operational performance. Focusing primarily on ASML’s TWINSCAN factory LAB department, you will need to explore the details of the factory’s organizational structure and manufacturing and business processes and advise on tangible actions to deliver improvements. You will be exploring resource planning (e.g. by coordinating regular plan cycles and budget cycles) as well as manpower flexibility (e.g. shift schedules, hourbank models and other instruments that in- or decrease manpower capacity). You will help the organization maintain, optimize and standardize its business processes. Finally you will act as an advisor regarding factory performance and recognizing improvement potential for that performance.
1. Resource Management
- Support LAB management in mid- and long-term capacity planning on workforce and tooling and provide advice in decision-making on capacity.
2. Performance Management
- Support LAB management in the design of performance metrics, such as KPI’s using multiple sources and data sets. Give constructive recommendations for improvement based on performance.
- Develop and implement BI dashboards, reports and tools to support business daily operations.
- Proactively analyze reports to communicate risks and opportunities and develop solutions which allow the company to make data informed decisions and operate more effectively.
Education and experience
Bachelor/ Master degree in Technical Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or Equivalent (E.g. MBA)
- 1-5 years of relevant experience in Industrial Engineering and/or Business Administration within an operationally oriented organization. (E.g. with process modeling , process optimization, factory analytics, business case calculations in a production environment)
- Proficient with other it-based tools in the area of production-control (Excel, SAP, PowerPoint and Visio).
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience with change management within production-organizations (pre)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication (verbal as well as written, in Dutch & English) skills.
- Willing to take ownership, and willing to take up the initiator role (‘Lead by example’ attitude).
- Pragmatic, result-oriented and hands on attitude.
- Able to convince, inspire and motivate people, over different levels within the organization.
- Adequate presentation skills are essential.
- Ability to convert complex (often data driven) matter to clear overviews and insights
- Strong analytics mindset preferred, with an ability to set up processes and structures.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The sector Twinscan Factory is responsible for the production and installation of Twinscan systems. The complete production process of the most advanced DUV machines takes place within this sector. The LAB organization is responsible to introduce New Product Introductions (NPI) as well as major Process Improvements in the FAB.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.