You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
CS Competence Engineer
In a nutshell
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical engineering
Introduction to the job
1. Escalation Management : provide information and technical support to our ASML CS Field engineers by co-working as a team to resolve escalated issues remotely or on-site in a structured manner. This involves taking ownership of the escalation and driving the issue to resolution in the shortest, efficient and cost effective way.
2. Knowledge Management : continuously promote knowledge transfer in behavior and sharing towards colleagues while handling escalations, technical discussions and in documenting technical matters for knowledge retention. Be engaged in theory and hands-on Training as an instructor for PAS5500 systems.
3. Service Engineering – engaged in field change requests by reviewing and updating procedures, developing Business Case and defining priority for D&E works. Responsibilities include taking ownership of GSC deliverables (as specified in “Key Decision (KD) Lite” process) in redesign projects.
Role and responsibilities
- Technical problem solving remotely (in office) or on-site where and when required
- Performs data analysis of systems to resolve problems and/or to improve system performance.
- Recommends Deterministic & Forward Looking Action Plan (DFLAP) which includes procedures and reasons, pertaining to the diagnostics, repair and recovery of the ASML system.
- Develops and implements solutions to unusual and complex technical problems escalated from field.
- Escalates problems to D&E support per ASML procedure including complete and accurate data and problem descriptions.
- Co-own the technical issue by Driving and Coordinating the required expert resources from different locations to solve the escalated technical problem.
- Support first of a kind machines in the field as part of “Introduction Support” for New Product Introduction phase for a specific period of time. Conducts training for field service staff and customers.
- Provides feedback to D&E group via Incident Repeat Prevention (IRP) process, highlighting abnormal operations in the machines, parts, and software.
- Generate plans, which include actions/experimentation and testing plans to guide the internal/external customers in resolving machine and or process issues. Trains less experienced company and customer personnel as required. Provides support to applications and technical sales personnel as required.
- Ensures required technical and administrative documentation is completed in a clear, concise and timely manner.
- Informs all parties affected by assignments of progress/problems in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper written and oral communications occur with all affected parties.
- Enrich communication material as required (PCCSIM).
- Embrace and employ a teaching posture and behavior – seeking every opportunity to transfer knowledge towards colleagues. This includes documenting issues worthy of sharing to a WW audience to prevent repeats.
- Engage in Knowledge Management by maintaining and updating procedures and knowledge documents in our Technical Knowledge Base (TKB) SharePoint archive.
- Provide theory and hands-on training for Field Engineers or customer on PAS5500 systems remotely or on-site.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering) or equivalent experience.
- PAS5500 system knowledge
- Not necessary, but would be an advantage if having the following semiconductor or related industry in-depth understanding of lithography operations.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- English proficiency (both oral and written)
- Strong analytic capability
- Flexible in working hours, travel and work environments.
- Team worker, good social skills, customer-oriented.
- Ability to plan and set priorities
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Position will require traveling up to 30% of the time
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.