You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Manager Technical Accounting & External Reporting
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Are you keen to take up a new challenge as business partner in a global company? Are you a person with strong experience and affinity with technical accounting, external financial reporting and compliance? Then this role as Manager Technical Accounting & External Reporting might be something for you!
A professional who makes the difference because it’s in your nature to pro-actively assess developments in the Accounting & Reporting landscape, to translate developments into guidance and requirements, to be embedded in accounting processes and to render pro-active advice on potential accounting implications (US GAAP / IFRS / Local GAAP) to business stakeholders.All to secure compliance in a dynamic global environment.
As part of the Accounting Expert Advisory team, it is your mission to be a trusted advisor that assures compliance, supports quality decision-making, drives risk mitigation and thinks in solutions to help ASML to reach its full potential.
At ASML we constantly have to ensure that our ambitious business objectives are met in compliance with laws and regulations. As a business partner you will work with senior stakeholders (up to the CFO) inside and outside the Finance department, playing a key role in:
- Providing advice for quality decision making using in-depth expertise to stakeholders, supporting art-of-the-possible
- Ensuring compliance with external reporting requirements, including both our US GAAP and IFRS Annual Reports
- Taking accountability for setting policies and provide best practices to ensure effective, efficient and compliant execution of operational activities
Role and responsibilities
You will be part of the Accounting Expert Advisory team, which is responsible for:
- Advising colleagues with the correct and consistent interpretation and implementation of US GAAP/IFRS standards;
- Determining the accounting impact of significant sales and procurement deals by being part of the different account teams;
- Being part of the project team in case of acquisition or other significant strategic projects;
- Taking ownership of Integrated Reporting of ASML Holding NV (US GAAP and IFRS), as well interim IFRS reporting;
- Reviewing of our quarterly Consolidated financial statements and earnings releases (US GAAP);
- Accounting policies through the accounting manual and position papers;
- Collaborating with Experts/Peers of other Experts groups (Tax, Treasury, Legal);
- Providing a 2nd level of oversight over accounting compliance;
- Providing trainings throughout the organization;
- Communicating with Audit Committee, Disclosure Committee and Internal Control Committee;
- Assisting with the external auditor regarding technical accounting related topics; and
- Encouraging continuous improvement and embedding compliant accounting in ASML’s processes.
Education and experience
To qualify for this challenging position you need a Master degree with completed RA (or equivalent).
- 12+ years of experience at one of the big 4 audit firms (incl. managerial experience) is required;
- Knowledge and experience with US GAAP and IFRS is required;
- Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the requirements as result thereof is an advantage;
- Experience / Knowledge of continuous monitoring, data analytics is preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Informal personality;
- Curious to learn;
- Team player;
- Strong communication skills;
- Hands-on attitude.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of the position:
The ASML Finance department operates in a dynamic environment where learning, commitment, business partnering, flexibility and continuous improvement are top of mind. The Finance department is responsible for driving cost effective transactional, fiscal and financial processes on a global scale, supporting business decisions, financial planning, action management, risk mitigation and maintaining appropriate corporate governance practices.
As ASML is a fast-closing, listed company in both the US (NASDAQ) as well as in the Netherlands (AEX), compliance with SOX, US GAAP and IFRS and efficient and compliant processes is crucial. This makes this position challenging, complex and very important within the Finance department.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Are you interested in this role? Please apply with your CV and cover letter, detailing your motivation for this position.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.