You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior MATLAB Support Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
The growing complexity of our machines and our aim to deliver higher quality faster, is creating a lot of focus on the area of Engineering Simulation at ASML. In our department of Engineering IT Services we are looking for an experienced MATLAB Application Support Engineer passionate about supporting engineers with running their workflows using MATLAB products, who likes working in a multidisciplinary environment and who would like to be part of one of the biggest high-tech communities worldwide. We support the ASML Development and Engineering tool environment, which is used by more than 13000 research and development engineers worldwide.
Are you an expert in MathWorks MATLAB? Have you worked with (supporting the) development and quality control of MATLAB code? Are you comfortable working in Linux and Windows infrastructures? Are you triggered by complex technical challenges?
As a MATLAB Application Support Engineer within the IT Hardware Engineering Simulation group you are responsible for providing 3rd line support to ASML’s Research and Development organization, in particular on MATLAB and Simulink products. Additionally you help develop, design, build and implement End-2-End / Integrated IT solutions using MATLAB (Server) products
When working as an MATLAB Application Support Engineer at ASML you will have the opportunity to grow in your job and improve your skills in the following areas:
- Focus on multi-disciplinary Hardware Engineering processes and Simulation Engineering applications
- Interface with Mathworks as a supplier and work together to develop customized solutions for ASML
- Support Engineering processes, assist with Design questions and Application support
- Work in close alignment in a team with multiple 1st, 2nd & 3rd line support engineers
You will work in close cooperation with the ASML internal customer, Mathworks and the IT Solution Teams.
You will be part of the Agile Engineering Simulation team in the IT P&T HW department, consisting of about 11 people, which is part of the Hardware team of about 70 people. In this position your responsibilities will entail, but are not limited to:
- Support and maintain MATLAB on various Linux, Windows and Cloud based platforms
- MATLAB is used by more than 8000 developers
- MATLAB runs on Windows client workstations and High Performance Compute Clusters. Development & deployment is being done using technologies like SCCM, package managers, git and more. Key in the development of these complex environments are automation, Infrastructure-as-Code and introduction of cloud elements.
- Define improvement proposals that focus on usability, system performance and process efficiency for end-users
- Partner with development units at MathWorks to incorporate ASML improvements into their commercial products
- Participate as technical expert in running projects for DevOps teams
- Investigate and implement non-standard changes with a limited scope
- Strong partner in discussions with Infrastructure architects and DevOps teams
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods
Bachelor level or equivalent in Engineering or Information Technology.
- Proven competence in working with MathWorks MATLAB and/or Simulink
- Knowledge of and experience with CI/CD Pipelines including Code testing is a pre
- Good knowledge of IT workplace infrastructure like: Remote Workplace, Windows (11 & Server 2019), Citrix (App Layered) VDI, Cloud enablement
- Knowledge and understanding of services and processes (ITIL)
- Experience with and knowledge of Agile Way of Working, like SAFe and / or Scrum
- Knowledge of other Engineering Applications is a plus in particular Simulation Engineering applications
- Team player, good social skills, service and customer-oriented, ability to motivate people
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Independent, accurate, systematic approach, problem solving
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality
- Strong analytical skills
- Ambitious and with a pro-active, initiating attitude
- Change-management competencies
- Ability to plan and set priorities
Context of the position
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The IT
infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A department within the IT organization is P&T (Product & Technology); this department is responsible for the engineering infrastructure services and applications/tooling for ASML’s research and development organization. We ensure that these services are running in an optimal way and we look at innovating the services. We also support the IT applications that are used at ASML.
IT P&T supports two development disciplines: Hardware (mechanical, electrical, simulation) and Software engineering. As an IT Engineering MATLAB Application Support Engineer you will be active in the Hardware group, supporting simulation engineering applications for complete D&E and Research worldwide. You will report to the Solution Team Manager Hardware of the IT P&T department.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. An assessment will be part of the recruitment process.
We expect that your application is accompanied by a motivation letter indicating why you are interested in this position and why this position is a match with your skills and experience.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be considered.