You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Field Service Technician
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Chandler - AZ, US
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Mission of a Field Service Technician on our team is to provide Customer Service that is a strategic advantage delivering value for customers, employees and shareholders.
You will be required to demonstrate strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction as well as the ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and our customers.
As a Field Service Technician you will be responsible for the planning/organizing of maintenance events, including hands on assembly, removal and replacement of electromechanical modules in support of field service preventative maintenance.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Works from procedures, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform preventative maintenance activities and testing under supervision.
- Responsible for shipping and receiving of modules needed for preventative maintenance activities, as well as crating and uncrating module assemblies. This will include the administrative tasks/paperwork/forms that support such activities.
- Removes & Replaces Optical-mechanical assemblies in strict accordance with procedures. Can perform automated or semi-automated setup, calibration, and preventive maintenance routines on laser systems with limited supervision
- Uses standardized tools and electronic equipment (i.e., torque wrenches, electric and pneumatic screwdrivers and ball drivers, lifting equipment, computers, oscilloscopes) to assemble/install/remove or perform testing and guided troubleshooting.
- Enters data into company databases.
- Operates specialized lift equipment.
- Prepares replaced assemblies for shipment, including follow-up (reporting to Field Service Engineer) for any Failure Analysis modules.
- Collect data as required under descriptive instructions/guidance. Able to collate data into a presentation format for review by Field Service Engineer.
- Identifies and documents discrepant material; DOA- Non Conformances and consults FSE.
- Documents and monitors safety or security violations critical to service operations.
- Sets up diagnostic equipment according to specific instructions.
- Frequently works closely with engineers on non-SPM Maintenance activities.
- Performs FCOs or upgrades procedures approved for Technician level as described in detailed instructions.
- Completes SPM part preparation and status reporting.
- Receiving parts at the variety of docks including ShockWatch status, QTY, SN verification).
- Cycle count FSI/QRC inventory.
- Performs housekeeping of local storage locations and tools cages adhering to 5S practices.
- May require long periods of standing.
- Training will be M-F regular work hours. Position will work a compressed work week 6am-6:30 pm. Must be flexible to work other shifts as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Minimum high school education required or equivalent experience.
- Higher education is a plus.
- Requires minimum of 3-5 years relevant, work related, applicable experience.
- Experience in using tools and electronic equipment (i.e., torque wrenches, electric and pneumatic screwdrivers and ball drivers, lifting equipment, computers, oscilloscopes) to assemble/install/remove or perform testing and guided troubleshooting.
- Experience preparing assemblies for shipment, following up, keeping all parties updates.
- Good hand mechanical skills with standardized tools (DVMs, torque wrenches, screwdrivers, and ball drivers).
- Ability to read engineering specifications and sketches.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems, Win7,Win10, MS Teams.
- Experience in logistics software: Oracle, SAP preferred.
- Experience in working at tight schedule at very dynamic and stressful environment.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Good customer service and or people skills.
- Availability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Capability to work in a team environment.
- Can work overtime, weekends, and holidays, on a regular basis.
- Possesses excellent listening skills.
- Good planning and prioritizing skill.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.