You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Group Manager On-product Overlay
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mathematics, Optical engineering
Introduction to the job
Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography company make you feel responsible and proud? Do you want to work in a challenging environment with highly motivated and skilled teams? Do you want to contribute by taking the lead and steer Development & Engineering of On Product Applications within the BL Applications? If so, then this might be the perfect role for you!
The Process Window Control - Overlay & Alignment department develops and integrates on-product overlay and alignment control solutions to improve customer device manufacturing. This job requires more than only excellent leadership skills, you also need to have the passion in coaching people to bring innovation and development to the next level together.
Our mission is to develop and deliver integrated control solutions to optimize the yield of semi-conductor device manufacturing. We work in close cooperation with semi-conductor customers in a multi-disciplinary setting.
We use advanced mathematics and physics to keep fueling the semiconductor and electronic revolution. We produce advanced software applications to analyze and optimize the performance of the customer production process. We develop Analytics & Control solutions that improve the accuracy of performance metrics (such as overlay) as measured on the end product of a fab process (wafers with chip structures). We ensure verification of our control solutions in the full control loop.
Role and responsibilities
As member of staff of the Process Window Control - Overlay & Alignment department, you will manage one of the On-product performance groups. You are responsible for the technology choices and roadmap, contributing to the definition of new control products by executing feasibility studies for customer control use cases, the design, integration and qualification of overlay applications. You pro-actively drive the competence development and development work in your team. But above all, you will use your leadership and teamwork skills to optimize team performance for the benefit of the overlay control product portfolio and – quality.
- Line manager of group of 20-30 people, responsible for personal and competence development of the team members and your resource and competence roadmaps.
- With your team, define and executetechnical competence roadmaps for on-product overlay.
- Work with innovation partners andcustomersin early stages of R&D (on-product overlay contributors and root-cause analysis, feasibility studies, proto-typing, overlay budget validation).
- Manage the delivery of concept choices/designs in your group that meet the requirements of the ASML development programs and drive integration in the full control loop including a robust verification strategy.
- Interaction with project leaders, program managers, (chief) product owners, architects and other group leads and function owners across ASML to align on the deliveries, project plans and risks.
- Define and implement the competence and resource roadmap for your group. Responsible for Strategic Workforce Planning and personal development of the team members.
Education and experience
Technical University Master’s or PhD in Physics and/or Mathematics preferred.
- At least 8 years of experience in developing, integrating and testing complex multi-disciplinary products.
- At least 4 years of experience in leading a group of highly qualified experts or similar Team Lead or Project lead experience.
- Solid theoretical and/or experimental experience in physics or related area
- Experience in managing a group of technical professionals
- Affinity with managing integral business processes in fast growing and dynamic business environments, driving innovation.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting;
- Ability to provide technical direction and motivate a team of professional designers;
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills;
- Quality mindset combined with a pragmatic attitude;
- Ability to balance the interests of your many stakeholders;
- Ability to think and act on a strategic level;
- Driving innovation including – network;
- Good communication skills and good knowledge of English language.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.