You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Product Owner ARIS
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Are you interested in joining our team to drive the adoption of business process management within ASML's complex business landscape? If you want to be part of a high performing team with a focus on structural improvements, please have a look at the job description below and let us know if you are the person we are looking for.
The BPM team is the owner of the manage business process capability and as such is responsible for supporting business process owners in designing, managing and improving their business processes so that business objectives can be achieved in an effective and efficient manner across Sectors.
One of the sectors that the BPM team supports, is Business Performance Improvement (BPI). This sector supports ASML in improving its cross-sectoral non-product related processes to help it deal with growth in scope, volume and complexity and to bring value to our employees and customers alike.
Outside BPI, the BPM team also supports various other strategic breakthrough programs, that enable both functional Sectors and product Business Lines to improve their way of working and to increase quality levels to create customer trust. Since its recent move back to Global Quality, the BPM team is starting to play its role in helping ASML adopt a Quality First mindset, by addressing quality issues from an end-to-end perspective and coming up with sustainable solutions.
To help ASML achieve the full business benefits of BPM, it is essential that the ARIS BPM application can be easily found and used by all ASML employees, from Global Process Owners to newly hired engineers who want to find work instructions that explain in simple day to day language how things are done at ASML. Our motto is: “Three clicks does it all”. Achieving this motto requires a significant step-up in the current configuration of ARIS, as well as ongoing improvements going forward.
The role of ARIS product owner is currently performed part-time by the BPM Senior Process Architect, who provides input to the BPM Back Office team for their bi-weekly development and maintenance sprints. Given the priority of improving the ARIS user experience, it has been decided to create a full-time ARIS Product Owner position.
Role and responsibilities
As ASML’s ARIS Product Owner you will be responsible for identifying user needs, helping users understand the business value of ARIS and working with cross-functional teams to manage ARIS product releases. You will realize these requirements by setting, prioritizing and accepting the work generated by the BPM Back Office in order to ensure the most valuable and proper use of ARIS functionality.
- Act as an ambassador for ARIS internally and externally and as the primary contact for queries related to ARIS
- Serve as the Voice of the Customer by working with internal ASML customers to analyze their needs and align the ARIS roadmap to ASML’s strategic goals
- Owning the ARIS product roadmap and being accountable for the delivered ARIS updates
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those topics with a maximum value that are aligned with ARIS roadmap
- Develop, scope and define backlog items (epics/features/user stories) that guide the ARIS development and maintenance work by the BPM Back Office and other internal or external parties
- Solve product related problems, make decisions, perform trade-off analyses to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments
- Manage internal and external suppliers to ensure they deliver in line with agreed upon service levels
- Research and analyze the BPM application market, its users and the product roadmaps
- Follow ARIS competitors and the BPM industry
Education and experience
- Master degree (preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology)
- 8 to 10 years of Product Owner experience, preferably as an internal or external consultant within a corporate environment
- Experience with ARIS business process analysis & management software essential
- Knows how to define the product roadmap
- Entrepreneurship (desirable)
- Experience in sales or marketing (desirable)
- Experience with a definition of minimum marketable features and minimum viable products
- Experience with aligning the demand from various stakeholders with different degrees of maturity towards generic solutions
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver a common goal
- Conceptual thinking, problem solving and constructive challenging abilities
- Outstanding Project Management, Facilitation, Communication, Active Listening & Stakeholder Management skills
- Team player
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Creative & strategic thinking
- Organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to live the ASML core values: Collaborate, Challenge & Care
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Are you interested in this position? Please apply with your CV and cover letter.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.