You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Researcher Cameras and Detectors
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Optical engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML Research is looking for experts that are eager to help us create the next generation optical and/or electron detection systems to match the future need of our metrology tools. Are you experienced in developing or designing cameras, image sensors, detectors, and/or the related data and image processing? Are you eager to shape the future of ASML and create innovative new ideas? Then the ASML Research department is your ideal environment for personal development and professional growth.
Role and responsibilities
The mission of this position is to create new concepts for optical and electron detection systems to meet the needs for ASML’s future metrology tools. To that end, ASML research is exploring novel technologies for broad-band, high SNR, and high resolution cameras and detectors, which can operate at extremely high capture rates. This includes scouting for new sensor technologies, creating concepts and designs, creating test setups and proto-tools, modelling, data analysis, and evaluating different solution directions. In this role it will be important to link your expertise to that of others, and to connect your work to the overall system requirements and think at application level.
Responsibilities of a (Senior) Researcher in the Research “Optical Measurement Systems” group:
- Participate in projects that involve new optical measurement and sensor concepts. In these projects you take the responsibility for the specification, design, modelling, and realization of (pre-)prototypes; HW and/or SW.
- Create new ideas and concepts that can be used in current or future concepts. Generate IP.
- Build on the “Camera and Detector” competence within ASML Research, by bringing in experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
• Image Sensor & Pixel Design
• Detector Materials & Interfaces
• Image Processing, (Smart) Data Compression & Processing Algorithms,
• Camera Read-Out Electronics (Digital & Analog),
Education and experience
PhD in Physics/Engineering in a related field.
Experience in optical/electron cameras and detectors; specification, design, modeling, calibration and realization.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Team worker and excellent communicator.
• Strong technical background and drive towards solutions.
• Able to see and develop the bigger picture.
• Decisive and self-initiating.
• Result focused and a “can do” spirit.
• Ability to influence without power.
• Diversity & Inclusion.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML, the sector Research is responsible for creating ideas and solutions that enable a continuation of the ASML roadmaps. The group “Optical Measurement Systems” is responsible for all new optical sensor concepts.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.