You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
System Integration Engineer - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and June 30, 2023.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers-the world’s leading chipmakers-to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). As a condition of employment, qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Roles and Responsibilities
The DE (Development & Engineering) System Integration Group is responsible for defining and driving the system integration of new products/options for full functional machine and performance qualification within time to market target. The Upgrade Integrator (UI) is responsible for the planning, preparation and coordination of system and module upgrades on prototype systems as well as upgrades at customers. The UI is the main interface between all the departments that need to work together to make upgrades possible.
The Upgrade Integrator (UI) works closely with the upgrade Project Lead (PL) to plan and coordinate upgrade packages on ASML systems. You will get the chance to build your own network within ASML by being the interface between D&E project teams, integrators, customer support, system test engineers, configuration engineers and proto engineers. Overall responsibility will be to manage the preparation of upgrade packages through delivering and qualifying an optimized upgrade sequence and recovery while taking into account dependencies like resourcing, tooling, materials, and other prerequisites.
You will be responsible for:
- Optimizingthe upgrade strategy together with the Upgrade Architect
- Translatingthe Upgrade strategy into: Bill of Material, upgrade sequence, software,parts, tools, spares and recovery sequence.
- Report onthe readiness of work preparation for Upgrades of EUV Machines(Categories: Specifications, Tools, Procedures, Site Readiness ,Skills/Knowledge, Parts)
- Activelygathering information from other departments and groups and combining thisinformation with (own) knowledge from past upgrades and work preparationfor existing service actions
- Supportingupgrade package validation and roll-out at customers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or sciences majors, e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Optical Engineering, Physics with minimum of 3 years' experience, or equivalent experience.
- Masters with minimum of 1 year experience.
- Experience in integration activities, e.g. as integrator in multidisciplinary project.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions