You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer - EUV Development
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Optical engineering, Mechatronics, Physics
Introduction to the job
Are you driven to secure quality? Do you enjoy working with a large network of stakeholders both within ASML and with one of our most crucial suppliers? Do you like finding pragmatic solutions to enable process and technology to deliver high quality?
We are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) that takes a pivotal role as a linking pin between the ASML D&E development team and the related development team of the supplier, with a primary focus on Parts Quality.
ASML is an innovation leader in the semiconductor industry. We provide chipmakers with the systems they need to mass-produce faster, smarter and more energy efficient microchips through lithography. Our EUV system pushes Moore's Law forward and enables groundbreaking technology that improves everyone's lives. The Optical Column is the heart of the EUV system, a true technological miracle. It consists of multiple opto-mechanical modules that together shape and manipulate the EUV light to flawlessly print the correct patterns on the silicon wafer, ultimately resulting in the microchip.
Role and responsibilities
Within the D&E project the SQE is first and foremost responsible to ensure Supplier Parts Quality from our suppliers. SQEs work closely together with a supplier, understanding the technical and process difficulties they face and help them understand what is needed from an ASML point of view.
- Coordinating role with respect to all SQE activities (incl. other SQE colleagues) within the allocated project.
- Early supplier involvement in the D&E project to secure that technology expertise of ASML and supplier are merged in the best way.
- Deliverables that secure Supplier Parts Quality in the ASML product generation process, such as:
- Acceptance of the design and/or specification by the supplier
- Complete & detailed parts qualification process
- Acceptance of qualified parts
- Process flow and process failure mode effect analysis
- First article inspection
-Define and maintain supplier interface processes, such as:
- Issue resolution
- Qualification deviation
- Configuration & change management
- Supplier related ASML factory disturbances
- Document the D&E project collaboration, including supplier & ASML responsibilities and roles via a Statement of Work (SoW).
- Contribute to supplier development to improve operational excellence by driving execution of existing agreements, improvement actions, and participation in supplier audits.
- New product introduction (NPI) and supplier development.
This does involve travel to the supplier several times a year or more depending on the phase of the product.
Education and experience
- Master degree in physics, optics, mechatronics, mechanical engineering or related.
- Broad (preferably >5 years) relevant experience in high-tech industry, with complex modules, with a focus on supplier quality management and a broad technical knowledge; i.e. more a generalist than a specialist.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Good at building relationships
- Initiate, influence and steer without formal authority
- Strong communicator
- Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions
- Pragmatic and solution driven
- Fluent in English, German is a benefit
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
In this position you will be:
- An integral part of the module development project, within optical column R&D.
- Be in the lead for supplier parts quality deliverables & processes.
- Working with our supplier & partner Zeiss.
- Using broad general technical knowledge and interest.
- Working with Optical Column modules that are Projection Optics Box (POB), Illuminator (IL) and Collector (Col). Those are large & complex modules containing a broad spectrum of competences, such as physics, optics, mechanics, mechatronics, electronics, etc.
- Self-driving, with the freedom to use your skills to make the most personal impact.
- Part of a team of SQE within an industrial engineering group. You will report to a team lead with the focus on EUV Zeiss quality and Supplier Quality competence.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.