You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Field Service Engineer (Germany)
In a nutshell
Mechatronics, Electrical engineering
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by complex technical products and realizing improvement processes in a customer service environment? Are you able to analyze and understand failure modes of technical parts and determine possible root causes together with a team of technical experts? Do you have a quality mind-set? If so, then a job as Customer Support Engineer within ASML Business Line Mature Products Team may be right for you!
Role and responsibilitiesThe Customer support engineer is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair, and maintenance of the ASML systems at customer site and for the necessary transfer of knowledge to the customer. To be precise you will:
• Install equipment at customer’s locations, including new equipment, upgrades and system relocations on PAS platform.
• Evaluate and diagnose problems and make appropriate repairs. Work with co-workers, customer, and technical support in isolating and solving problems.
• Monitor, maintain and optimize equipment on a daily basis to enhance functionality and prevent problems.
• Advise users of appropriate actions to correct malfunctions in a timely manner.
• Train customers in use and routine maintenance of equipment. Answer customer questions and assist customers in a professional manner.
• Perform administrative and coordination duties which include procedure changes, pass-downs, work orders, and field service, system problem, and monthly reports.
• Independently and accurately prepare written technical reports.
• Provide appropriate support and assistance to less experienced ASML personnel as necessary.
Education and experienceFor this position we're looking for candidates with at least a finished Bachelor degree in a technical field like: (Applied) Physics, Mechatronics, Electronics, or comparable.
Besides the educational background we expect you to have:
• Proven interest and/or experience with technical hands-on in professional environment or during education.
• Strong customer focus and commitment to Customer Satisfaction.
• Experience working according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
• Demonstrated experience using computer applications, including data analysis tools, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
• The ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
• Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
• The ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Solid service, process, project & change management skills.
• Strong technical background with a drive towards solutions.
• Problem Analysis skills.
• Excellent professional communication in English.
• Pro-active and a strong drive for results.
• Zero defect quality mindset.
• Flexible and able to work in changing environments
• Strong influencing skills (able to motivate, drive, steer and convince others at all levels of the organization (influencing without power)).
• Act under high pressure (no 9-5 mentality).
• Affinity with logistic processes.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Other informationPlease be aware that for this position it requires to work at the customer site and the willingness to work flexible shifts and extended hours. Working on weekends is part of the so called 7x12 shift schedule.
Furthermore it's obligatory that you have a valid driver’s license and passport. In case customer demand is changing, you may be requested to change the work condition as travelling engineer, which will require 60% of time traveling across EU to conduct the work at the customer.
We have three positions open for our locations
Please make sure to mention for which location you are applying in your cover letter.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.