You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Multidisciplinary Group Lead Development & Engineering
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Electrical engineering, Mechatronics, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by the (re)design and engineering of high-tech semiconductor equipment and are you energized by an entrepreneurial, multidisciplinary environment?Here is your opportunity!
The Business Line Mature Products and Services (BL MPS) of ASML is responsible for the PAS 5500 platform, which provides 3” to 8” wafer lithography for a wide variety of (“mature”) semiconductor markets.The mature market is currently growing significantly again, driven by automotive, 5G, AI and IoT, and so is the demand for PAS 5500 machines.In order to support the PAS 5500 platform into at least the next decade, MPS D&E is doing a complete overhaul of the electronics with its control software, and of several other major system modules, using state-of-the-art technology.
The MPS D&E organization consists of groups in Taiwan and The Netherlands.We work together with many codevelopers in Asia and Europe: external partners to which part of the design work is outsourced.The main focus of the NL group is on the electronic rack redesigns and the related software development.The TW group focuses on the other electronics and modules in the system.
The multidisciplinary MPS D&E NL group currently consists of about 20 engineers in electronic development, software development, and mechanical / mechatronics development.
Role and responsibilities
The Group Leader of MPS D&E Netherlands is responsible for building a successful group that delivers the committed results, in cooperation with the rack program manager and other stakeholders.
The Group Leader is responsible for building a group of people with the required skills competencies, and to ensure that it effectively achieves its objectives.This includes:
• Hiring, onboarding and training of engineers
• Building a strong, motivated and effective team
• Setting challenging targets, motivate and help the engineers to achieve their targets, and hold them accountable
• Coaching of employees, and work with them on their development and career planning
• Competency development
• Alignment with stakeholders (including project leaders, external codevelopers, the D&E group in Taiwan, other operational sectors and MPS departments and the MPS management team)
• Long-term planning for the group in terms of objectives / ambitions, budgets and people
• Take joint responsibility for the scope and responsibilities of MPS D&E, and actively participate as an MPS D&E staff member
Education and experience
We expect that the following education and experience will be crucial to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor or Master degree in engineering or similar
• At least 8 years of experience in managing groups of professionals in electronics and software development and engineering (preferably involving mechatronics and mechanics as well) in a high-tech environment
• Proven track record in cross-sector stakeholder management
• Experience in working with codevelopers or suppliers is preferred
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Team builder
• Ability to challenge, energize and develop the engineers in the group, and to hold them accountable
• Independence and ownership; driving the results of the group
• Persuasiveness, decisiveness, pragmatism and sense of urgency
• Business acumen: understand how you contribute to the overall business and act accordingly
• Share a strong vision and set direction
• Passion for technology
• Quality and improvement mindset
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position might require access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.