You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Thank you for visiting ASML careers. Please keep in mind that we’ll be performing maintenance on our servers from May 31 – June 5, 2023. During this time, you won’t be able to search or apply for any jobs, but we encourage you to return after June 5 to access all vacancies.
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
Ensures timely and effective purchasing and planning, to meet customer delivery dates, service requirements and inventory goals. Responsible for executing to a MRP plan, analyzing requirements, and mitigating material shortage impacts. Drives daily production efficiencies by releasing purchase orders based on MRP requirements. Assists with expediting material needed to support operations. Coordinates and/or monitors the receipt of materials. Issues purchase orders for material and/or services and ensures on time delivery from suppliers with acceptable quality. Analyzes and executes MRP planned supply messages to maximize the use of reclaimed material supply while minimizing new material expenditures for these components. Aligns with AP to resolve supplier invoice and payment issues. Coordinates with warehouse personnel to correct receiving discrepancies.
• Plans, issues and controls purchase orders and coordinates material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
• Communicates and/or assists in negotiating with suppliers regarding forecasts, engineering change notices, schedule changes, discrepant material issues, and delivery schedules.
• Requests/receives quotes, considers bids, and makes awards.
• Monitors the supply base performance to ensure excellence and quality of the product and product components.
• Monitors raw material inventory for financial tracking purposes and in support of company goals.
• Resolves a range of issues in practical ways and assists in making recommendations for policy/process action in order to monitor and expedite open orders, report on supply base performance, react to change orders, and plan and review the impact to the material availability.
• Reviews MRP planned requirements and implements supply plan for all material components.
• Maintains Oracle ASL and Sourcing Rules as it relates to material supply requirements.
• Assists in recommending forecast adjustments based on actual performance.
• Assists with cycle count reconciliation.
• Coordinates purchase orders to satisfy the manufacturing demand to meet material requirements.
• Maintains metrics to measure supplier performance, i.e., on time delivery, cost reduction, cost avoidance etc.
• Collaborates with manager on various projects such as cost target planning, supplier qualification and assessment out sourcing sub- assemblies, inventory model planning, and resulting execution to plan.
• Keeps in mind cost reductions and cost targets of assigned materials.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
Requires a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of two (2) years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
• Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
• Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic mail systems.
• Knowledge of the technical features of MRP, purchased products, and components.
• Knowledge and understanding of theories of MRP, Purchasing, JIT, Kanban, and Lean Manufacturing.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel.
• The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
• May require travel dependent on business needs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Can work under deadlines.
• The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
• Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
• Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
• Can learn and apply new information or skills.
This position is located on-site in San Diego, CA. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation. A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
The California base annual salary / hourly range for this role is currently $58,125 - $96,875. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.