You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
DUV Function System Engineer Industrialization “Cycle time/System Sequence design”
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mathematics, Mechatronics
Introduction to the job
Do you have experience as liaison between customers and new product improvements at the front-end of our cutting-edge industry? Are you seeking for a position combining your in-depth technical knowledge to your customer-orientation and your sixth-sense for innovation or continuous improvement? Do you understand that ASML product development also includes challenges to grow towards a mature business where costs and industrialization become more and more important. Let us know, we are looking for you.
Role and responsibilities
As Function System Engineer CT/Sequence, you define and lead the execution of product and process improvements related to the integral service cost at our customers. You use customer and technology push/pull insights to influence the manufacturing cost & technology roadmap of ASML.
Manufacturing cost makes a large portion of operational cost for our customers and also drive the margin for the ASML service business products. Furthermore, at high customer demand, the way we manufacture our systems is limiting the factory output. Therefore, we need to define new ways to optimize the system sequence for new products.
As Function SE Cycle Time/Sequence your task is to identify these manufacturing bottlenecks and define solutions to solve them either in technical design or operational processes. You work closely together with SE Productivity, Twinscan Factory, D&E and Supply Chain.
Your tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- You interact with ASML operational sectors (OPS CS, SCM, TF) and development (D&E IC’s, FC’s) in order to define cost drivers and to identify concrete design and process improvements to steer on cost reduction and/or value increase.
- You are part of a multidisciplinary SE team (Productivity, Overlay, Imaging, Focus, Defectivity, Cost) where you contribute to the overall system design. Your primary responsibility is Cycle time/Sequence (incl. alternative shipment methods).
- You design, negotiate and validate the related product improvement and its application with the customer or the applicable sector within ASML, agreeing on feasible specifications, constraints and criteria for success.
- You are able to set up a new WoW and metrics where needed. You reach out to relevant stakeholders cross sector to initiate the right actions.
- Together with a dedicated project leader, you translate this proposal to a plan of action, defining the scope and resources necessary.
Education and experience
Min. MSc degree in (applied) Physics, (applied) Mathematics, Industrial engineering, Mechatronics or Mechanical engineering is mandatory. You have a solid background in several of the following fields: semiconductor manufacturing and process technology, availability, customer support, cost & value engineering, data analysis, statistics, system engineering, change management.
You have a minimum of 8 years of experience within industry. You combine in depth technical knowledge and experience in overseeing complex systems and product roadmaps. You have experience or a strong interest in design for availability. Experience in Development, Manufacturing engineering and/or Supply chain engineering experience is a strong plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
You represent ASML as an expert in the field and are recognized as such by the customers and within other ASML sectors. Since you are working intimately with customers and sensitive customer data, a high level of integrity is required. Furthermore, you have developed the following skills:
- You act decisive and generate solutions effectively.
- You are a fast learner and react adequately to new situations and changing demand.
- You communicate pro-actively, motivating and convincing the relevant stakeholders of your vision.
- You possess strong analytical skills. You are able to zoom in and out, considering the big picture without neglecting critical details.
- You are focused and very much result-oriented.
- You take responsibility for your actions and your opinions.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of the position
The department of System Engineering is part of the Product and Technology sector of ASML and consists of about 150 employees. As Function System Engineer, you work in a demanding multidisciplinary environment.Your internal stakeholders are the higher development & engineering (D&E) management, group leaders responsible for resources, project leaders executing the implementation of the product improvement proposal, architects and fellow application system engineers.
Travelling a few times per year to customers or suppliers worldwide is to be expected.
Semiconductors, Lithography, Availability, diagnostics, reliability, productivity, Maintenance Engineering, Cost engineering, Engineering, Customer Support, Manufacturing, Supply chain, Six Sigma, operational excellence, LEAN.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.