You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Handling & Transport Architect
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Within ASML, the Handling & Transport Technology (H&TT) department is responsible for providing safe and efficient Handing & Transport (H&T) solutions for all ASML products and related goods over their full life cycle.
If you enjoy having a broad scope as an architect, and if you have a strong drive for improving H&T solutions for our systems, then this function might fit you perfectly.
Role and responsibilities
Find the optimal H&T solutions for all ASML products and related goods. Challenge specs of modules which are being developed in terms of handling and transportability and work, with a team of designers, to create efficient H&T solutions for these modules.
As a handling & transport architect, you will:
- Take a leading role to ensure all ASML products are designed for handling and transport
- Define tools and packaging for safe, reliable, efficient and cost-effective transport and installation of ASML systems, modules and spare parts
- Be able to make inventory of handling flow from supplier to ASML, ASML internal and ASML to customer. This includes definition of critical bottlenecks and coming up with practical solutions. Prepare and chair design reviews (of layout concepts)
- Translate abstract system specs from system design specification documents (H&T, Costs of ownership, Cycle time) into H&T deliverables (tools, packaging) and concepts
- Review H&T deliverables
- Perform leading role in interdepartmental H&T issues
Education and experience
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a Mechanical Engineering
- At least 5 years experience in development of large/complex machines/frames
- Preferred technical knowledge of shipments (road, air) of complex machines. Experience in managing layout of complex designs
- Be able to lay-out volume control (swap paths, service area) with CAD (NX/UG)
- Set up and manage system requirements
- Mechanics skills: focus on static forces/strength/stiffness
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive as a handling & transport architect, you’ll need the following skills:
- Helicopter view. Easily can determine priorities and main risks
- Highly pro-active. Thinks ahead, creates vision and manages the stakeholders
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Attitude to challenge others (get all risks and collateral damage on the table)
- Strong in convincing others
- Be a ‘terrier-go getter’
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of the position
The H&TT Architect reports to the Group Lead H&TT and will cooperate with multiple stakeholders within the organization.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel.
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
*This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.