You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Field Application Engineer
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering, Optical engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML, Brion Technologies is leading globally in computational lithography for integrated circuit Lithography-Driven Design and Manufacturing and is a subsidiary of ASML Holding NV (ASML). ASML is a worldwide leading supplier of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips. Brion's Tachyon platform, a highly accurate and ultra-fast OPC and OPC verification system, enables a unique set of capabilities that address the interrelated challenges of design, photomask making, and wafer printing for semiconductor manufacturing. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, Brion leads the worldwide market for OPC verification, and is rapidly expanding in the OPC market.
We are currently looking for one Senior Field Support / Software Engineer to support Tachyon Process Window Enhancement and Process Window Control software product for multiple customers.
The location for this position could be - San Jose, Hillsboro, Austin, Boise and New York.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). As a condition of employment, qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- In this role you will provide onsite product (software application) support to customer engineering teams.
- Develop strong technical relationship with direct customer interface.
- Manage software engagement with regular customer review meetings and bringing critical customer requirements to Brion.
- Day-to-day activities includes front-line support at customer site with face-to-face interface as well as email and phone communications, characterizing issues reported, and providing timely solutions.
1st line customer support role:
- Liaise between Product Engineer Group / R&D and customer on recipe development.
Software product support:
- Focus on product recipe debugging for advanced nodes less than 2x/1x nm.
- Drive & monitor of on-going customer engagements.
- Coordinate and drive technical responses to customer.
- Define technical specs and timeline with customer & Product Engineering Group, drafting Statement of Work, establish regular review meetings.
- Bringing technical requirements or technical issues to members of Product Engineering Group and/or R&D team.
- Working with our JIRA tracking system and managing open customer cases.
- Conducting onsite basic training or coordinating requested training for our customer.
- Weekly reporting/tracking of customer engagement status.
- Lead short term (multi month) projects within a small team (2-3 members), monitor deliveries, coach team members and handle communication between company end and customer end.
- Travel: Occasional international travel required.
Education and experience
- PhD, Master's or bachelor's in Electrical Engineering, Optics sciences or Physical Sciences.
- 3 to 7 years’ experience with Computational lithography & OPC software tools, Lithography knowledge a plus. Previous experiences with direct customer interface.
- Prefer candidate have background in OPC software, Mask data preparation, Physical design, Lithography and other wafer processing steps.
- Candidate must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong communication, organization and leadership skills, ability to work effectively with other teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with different cultures.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
U.S. Flexible Work policy may be available to employees who work in conductive roles. Mutually-beneficial alternative work arrangement must be approved by manager – hybrid working Model.
May require travel dependent on business needs (0-15%)
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.