You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Configuration Management Architect
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Do you want to help us unlock the potential of people and society by pushing technology to new limits? Do you have the communication and leadership skills to make a difference to the efficiency and profitability of ASML by improving Configuration Management processes and methods? Then this could be your next job, collaborating with almost all disciplines within ASML to define the step ups and architecture of ASML’s Configuration Management processes!
Role and responsibilities
Fast market introduction of ASML’s newest technologies requires concurrent engineering by all involved disciplines. New or changed hardware and software is introduced on daily basis and a smooth and controlled implementation in the various configurations is crucial for our business. This sets high expectations to the configuration management capabilities on e.g. identification, managing change, traceability and reporting on configuration conformity. ASML is constantly improving these capabilities to support our current and future business ambitions.
Your job is to specify, develop and maintain the configuration management capabilities and embed improvements within ASML together with various business process owners and solution teams. Your expertise will be used to improve our processes and ways of working where the Engineering world and Operations world come together. Therefore the focus area is the definition of various Bill of Materials and Bill of Processes with our Engineering organization and how they are changed and released for the use in our Operational organizations.
You will work in project teams developing, delivering and maintaining the ASML configuration Management architecture that is handed over to improvement projects that will implement these. You will stay connected in these improvement projects to secure the architecture and support in case of new insights or conflicts at design phase.
The Configuration Management architect will initiate and manage improvements in the domain of Configuration Management by:
- Document configuration management capabilities and methods to set the standard for ASML configuration management;
- Define and maintain configuration management capability improvement roadmap;
- Align and agree architecture solutions and roadmap with related business stakeholders;
- Initiate and execute improvements based on ASML business needs;
- Develop CM training material and deploy within the ASML organization;
- Drive decision making on crucial design issues via the existing governance;
- Secure compliance of solution designs to CM Architecture in implementation projects.
Education and experience
- Academic level in e.g. Industrial Engineering, Information Engineering or Technical Business Administration
- 5 -10 years of experience in improvements in the discipline of Configuration Management or Information Management
- Experience with business change management in complex organizations
- Knowledge of Configuration Management theory, preferably CMII certified
- Experience with stakeholder management on all levels
- Experience with PLM and ERP system improvements in the area of Configuration Change Management, Engineering, Production and/or Materials Management.
- Experience with Siemens Teamcenter and SAP PEO would make a perfect fit.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to develop vision and derive strategy and action plans
- Self-assured, capable of convincing people, also when it concerns specialized content experts;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, work pleasantly with people with differing backgrounds and in different departmental and geographical cultures; at various hierarchical levels;
- Strong analytic capability and a pro-active initiating attitude;
- Change management competencies;
- Drive to get results in place;
- Ability to plan and set priorities
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML produces some of the most complex systems in the world, working with challenging time to market targets. To meet customer demands for the latest technologies, ASML employs concurrent engineering, developing systems and supply chains in parallel with system specifications. The Configuration Management team manages global configuration information, enabling ASML to achieve excellent delivery performance at minimum cost. This is done in a cross sectoral team within both Development & Engineering and Operations.
The Configuration Management business architect will be part of a small team of business architects and will report to the manager Configuration Management Architecture within the Development & Engineering organization.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.