You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Group Manager DUV Overlay System Performance
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mathematics, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
You are an excellent people manager. You are keen on developing and coaching individuals to become valuable members of high-performing teams. In the position of Group Manager Overlay within the DUV System Performance department, you and your team are key contributors to performance integration, test and analysis methods, and solution development in collaboration with your colleagues in development and engineering, system engineering, customer support and the DUV Twinscan factory.
The goal of the overlay group is to predict, assess and drive the overlay performance of ASML products. This means early assessment of product feasibility, development of test methods, qualification of to be released, products and solving issues found in the factory and at customers of released products. The majority of our project deliverables are managed through stable teams in an Agile Release Train (ART) organization.
Role and responsibilities
As part of the staff of the DUV System Performance department, you will work closely with the management of the System Performance Agile Release Train. Next to that, close collaboration is needed with the system engineering department, customer support, the Twinscan factory and our contributing D&E system functions such as stages and metrology.
Your tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Manage a development and engineering group of 15-25 people.
- Provide the right staffing with the required competencies needed to realize the DUV product portfolio and roadmap.
- Provide group direction: translate company requirements into group policy/deliverables and drive for implementation.
- Coach team and provide feedback on development of the individual team members.
- Build up In-depth knowledge of overlay analysis and testing, have/build a network that enables effective interfacing with the manufacturing organization (TF), customer support organization (CS) and Systems engineering (SE).
- Ensure quality of operation of your group by reviewing of technical solutions proposed, procedures, documentation delivered by the group.
- Contribute to Performance & Integration cluster Vision & Mission and Strategy and ensure agreements are translated into a standard way of working and cascaded to the departments.
Education and experience
- Min. MSc degree in (applied) physics, (applied) mathematics or related field.
- At least 10 years’ experience in developing, integrating, testing of complex multi-disciplinary products.
- People management experience, managing a group of technical professionals.
- Affinity with managing integral business processes in fast growing and dynamic business environments.
- Preferred candidates combine people skills with technical knowledge and experience in overseeing complex systems and product and/or technology roadmaps. Fab and customer experience in semiconductor industry is a strong plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- To work in an international multicultural setting.
- To provide technical direction, lead, motivate and convince a team of professional designers.
- Be a highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Have a pragmatic attitude.
- To think and act on a strategic level.
- Have good knowledge of the English language.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The DUV System Performance department is part of the Performance and Integration (P&I) cluster, and consists of approximately 150 employees. We are responsible for timely and cost-effective qualification of overlay, focus, imaging and productivity performance of functional modules, machines and customer applications, as well as related industrialization deliverables. You will enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team, in a dynamic and high-tech environment.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.