You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Industrialization Project Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
The Industrialization Project Engineer (also known as Upgrade & Sequence Integrator) works closely with the Industrialization Project Lead and Upgrade, Sequence, Availability, Diagnostics architects to create and deliver the Work Prep (Sequences, BOM-BOP and tooling) for Upgrades, Installs and Service Actions that are integrated, qualified and released to our internal and external EUV customers. Core responsibilities are to use the high-level upgrade/blueprint structure to create optimized sequences, taking into account dependencies, resourcing, tooling, materials, and other prerequisites, while minimizing system downtime and optimize cycle time and availability. The Upgrade & Sequence Integrator will strive to maximize synergy between Upgrades, Installs and Service by maintaining commonality of the sequences and other work prep deliverables. He/she will also lead the qualification of the Work Prep in internal (protos, factory) and external customers. Also the Upgrade Integrator provides field support through the execution of upgrades of EUV Sources.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Drives generation, qualification and release of upgrades, install and service Work Prep
- Develops Work Preparation in the form of detailed process flow (sequence), and Tooling & Parts requirements for Extreme Ultra-Violet (EUV) new product introduction.
- Uses highly detailed and specialized tools and databases to develop and release the final executable process for End Users
- Uses a defined matrix (also known as 6x) to assess and report on the readiness of work preparation for Upgrades, Install and Service of EUV Machines (Categories: Specifications, Tools, Procedures, Site Readiness, Skills/Knowledge, Parts)
- Interacts with cross-functional groups (Project leads, Main Delivery Owners (MDOs), System Engineering, Manufacturing and Equipment Engineers, Upgrade, Sequence, Availability, Diagnostics architects, worldwide customer support personnel, manufacturing personnel, program, upper management, marketing, crosses functional boundaries and builds constructive and effective relationships throughout the whole organization.
- Provides feedback for improvement of processes and WoW (Way of Working, i.e., best business practices) used by the System Industrialization Management and Verification team.
- Proactively aligns and solicits technical input from multiple Functional Clusters as needed to build concise, optimized and safe Work Preparation of new sequences. Creates sequences in the agreed upon and uniform format.
- Drives for efficient verification of sequences by leading generation and execution of an internal ASML qualification test.
- Reports all issues found and prioritizes them based on impact to availability and cycle time and contributes to issue business case definition by providing all relevant information.
- Ensures issue follow-up is done in alignment with the upgrade, sequence and availability architects and functions.
- Supports Customer Support (CS) and Factory with the creation and on-site support of Upgrade, Install and Service Work Prep
- Helps to close the feedback loop for service-related actions- from specification (SDS) through design (sequence) to result (execution) and back.
- Produces clear, concise documentation in defined ASML formats.
- Works according to set safety standards in and outside of the cleanroom.
- Assists in collecting data, performing data analysis, summarizing results, and preparing presentation of results for review.
- Travels to ASML headquarters in Veldhoven, Netherlands for cross-ocean team alignment and support as well as customer sites for Factory installs and upgrades (5-10%)
- Completes timesheets, expense reports, and other administrative responsibilities in accordance with ASML’s procedures and with supervisor’s approval.
Education and experience
- BS in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics, Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Math or any other applicable STEM degree. Minimum 2 years of experience required with BS degree.
- MS in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics, Applied Physics, or Mechanical Engineering preferred. No experience required with MS degree.
- Experience in coding a strong plus.
- Knowledge and experiences in high-tech machinery, optics, laser-induced plasma, optical metrology, and/or controls of such devices preferred, not required.
- Experiences with vacuum systems a plus.
- Experiences in semiconductor equipment development a strong plus.
- Product development experience a strong plus.
Technical knowledge of ASML EUV systems is preferred, as well as:
- Experience with new product introductions
- Able to prioritize & delegate.
- Able to predict potential issues based on designs.
- Self-supporting – able to work independently.
- Good communication skills
- Good stakeholder management
- Proactive drive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent (internal) customer skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Proficient at stakeholder management and alignment.Proactive.
- Possesses good presentation skills and is able to effectively present results in a team meeting.
- Plans activities and executes to schedules established by the program.
- Experience in using MS Office, MS Project and Visio.
- Performs data collection, statistical analysis, and report summarization. Effectively reports problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Will require travel dependent on business needs.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Capable and effective in taking on a broad scope of activities.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The California base annual salary / hourly range for this role is currently $78,750 - $131,250. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.