You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Data Management Expert
Research & development
Other job categories
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Other job categories, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
As Data Management Expert, you will work in ASML Silicon Valley Configuration Management team within Development and Engineering organization. Configuration Management team drives the performance and execution of the product change process, directly impacting ASML’s customers, factories and suppliers.
The mission of this position is to understand, extend, and enable D&E organization to provide data required by business process in order to realize business benefits and improvement to support our business growth and new requirements.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As Data Management Expert, you will work on different assignments that improve master data management processes with primary focus on the ASML data policy. You will define, document and deploy new processes and where needed make adjustments to existing data management process that are impacted by the ASML data policy. You need understand the business users’ way of working with data, the user interfaces they use for data collection and the data blending that takes place behind the scene and enables data availability and quality towards the business users. You will initiate improvements based on feedback from stakeholders and experts.
You will closely work with data owners, other data experts and stakeholders to ensure high quality data management processes are developed.The deliverable will typically include change management that requires clear communication, documentation and training in order to deliver full value.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Interview business stakeholders, understand and translate business process requirements into clear direction
- Synthesizes the data quality issues into clear process improvements, in particular as they relate to the management of data between PLM systems and ERP systems.
- Confer with technical or functional experts at all levels, company-wide, to obtain requirements, develop solution proposals, and coordinate implementation.
- Define and document data management processes, with primary focus on the ASML data policy, in collaboration with respective other groups/sectors
- Actively deploy master data management processes within the organization.
- Define data management process metrics/KPI’s for measuring and controlling the effectiveness of processes and monitoring adherence to the data policy
- Proactively seek opportunities that will support business goals and provide business users with alternatives that enhance business performance and efficiency.
- Create and maintain work instructions, procedures and product master data quality solutions.
- Facilitate the alignment of IT projects with business goals and objectives in US site.
- Other ad-hoc projects as assigned. Actively develop, promote and apply project management techniques to assigned work and activities.
Education and experience
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Industrial engineering & management, Information Technology, Business management or equivalent.
- Preferably 2-7 years relevant work experience in supply chain, high-tech, manufacturing, engineering or semiconductor sectors.
- Knowledge & experience of business processes in which data and quality of it play a role.
- Knowledge& experience of following applications: Teamcenter, Arena, Oracle, SAP, Office365 suite, Sharepoint is a plus
- Understanding of data governance and data quality concepts, familiarity in designing or working with a data management framework and processes
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player.
- Proactive personality who can deal with resistance, ability to perform in high-pressure environments.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Technical affinity and ability to quickly learn.
- A strong can-do mentality with a hands-on focus.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
*This position is available within HMI Configuration Management department. You will work on different levels in the organization, with project leaders, cross sector stakeholders (Development & Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing, Customer Services departments and Program) to perform configuration management to achieve the perfect configurations throughout the organization of HMI.
Role within Office Responsibilities
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (domestic and international) dependent on business needs – 10%.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered during work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
The California base annual salary / hourly range for this role is currently $101,250 - $168,750. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.