You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Experienced Agile Transformation Coach
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories, Mechanical engineering, Physics
Introduction to the job
Your mission will be to guide and coach our Teams, Agile Release Trains and (to-be) portfolio towards increasingly successful execution by driving continuous improvement and by finding solutions for major roadblocks on our journey. You will be collaborating with agile teams, agile leadership, as well as line and project management to build on the fundaments of our latest D&E operating model.
To be successful you must facilitate a strong sense of self organizing teamwork by understanding your colleagues’ roles and their challenges. Strong interpersonal communication skills are crucial in this multi-disciplinary and dynamic environment.
Role and responsibilities
As an Agile Coach you:
- Have a proven track record of teaching, coaching and/or mentoring.
- Interface and align with members of the Local Change Teams in P&I.
- Coach Department Managers and Group Leads to enable them to coach employees with agile roles.
- Coach the teams and leaders (SM/PO/CPO/RTE) in their (scaled) agile roles and rituals.
- Will, in alignment with the accountable Agile Cluster lead:
- Co-create the deployment strategy and roadmap towards self-sustaining organization (together with local change team).
- Challenge the change curve and support in the change story.
- You support the standing organization in founding local Agile Center of Excellence (ACE)/ Agile Coaching Competence (ACC)
- Creating an environment for teams and individuals to be able to continuously improve the Agile and DevOps ways of working.
- Share and inform the team about cluster transformation progress, bottle-necks and help requests
- Drive continuous improvement for the agile teams and Agile Release Trains together with the Release Train Engineers and other ART stakeholders. The cluster you will work for has several ARTs that require support.
- Join self-organizing teams to tackle issues, e.g. complaints on long term planning (6 Q ahead) and reporting status on product level.
- Organize cluster level initiatives and knowledge transfer, e.g. by means of communities of practice.
- Drive increasing the Agile maturity of the team, in a scaled Agile WoW.
- Drive collaboration between ARTs, deploys best practices, monitor performance.
Education and experience
- Bachelor or master degree. Experience in agile in a hardware development area is preferred but not necessary to be successful in this position. Relevant Agile certificates like e.g. SPC are mandatory.
- Managerial experience and project management experience preferably within a technical environment.
- 5+ years Lean-Agile experience with proven track record, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a typical agile role
- 5+ years’ experience in (Agile) Organizational Transformation projects.
- Must have experience coaching, facilitating scaled Agile and providing support to project teams
- Strong communication skills (English- Written and Verbal) with the ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels
- Strong affinity with multidisciplinary and / or function teams with mainly software but also hardware content
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You have a helicopter view and can cover a broad scope
- You live and breathe AGILE and LEAN wow’s.
- You have a passion for continuous improvement and ‘to get things done’ mentality.
- You have a learning mindset: open and ready for change, challenging the status quo
- You are highly organized, capable of driving complex issues to simple and pragmatic solutions.
- You show creativity, initiative, discipline and team spirit.
- You have good communication skills
- You inspire/motivate teams and individuals to engage in organizational changes
- You actively give and seek constructive feedback, dares to have courageous conversations
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
We aim to implement Agile principles, mindset and ways of working into ASML Product Development which means in a software as in a hardware environment as well. The goal is to enable teams to deliver more value and increase our customer satisfaction in decreased development times. You will be part of a small and independent team within the cluster on the transformation of the business and drive continues improvement.
So, do you have passion for the (Scaled) Agile and Lean Ways of Working, combined with extensive experience in organizational transformation? Are you interested in being guiding and coaching line management and engineers in adopting Agile principles and methods? Then we look forward to talking to you!
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.