You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
IT Business Systems Architect
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including offices in San Jose and San Diego, California , Chandler, Arizona, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Role and responsibilities
As System Architect for the Enterprise Solution Delivery team you will assess and evaluate current business systems, evaluate suitability for business requirements, define the future solution directions and establish the architectural direction for the HMI division. This is accomplished based on inputs from product and operations business teams and in collaboration with corporate architecture teams. The HMI division has operations in San Jose, California , Taiwan and Beijing China.
In this role you are responsible for defining and communicating a shared business application architectural and technical vision for the HMI division.
Working with portfolio stakeholders, customers, suppliers, delivery team and corporate architectural stakeholders to align the architectural direction with the solution intent. This will include participating with other architects to identify and lead potential integration and alignment with ASML corporate systems.
You will be responsible for describing the Solution Context and Solution Intent, analyze technical trade-offs, determine the primary components and subsystems, identify the interfaces and collaborations between them, define Nonfunctional Requirements (NFRs), guide Enablers through to execution. You work with Business, Product and Solution Management, Customers and Suppliers.
You will play a critical role in aligning business and IT teams to a shared technical direction and partner with those teams in elaborating the Solution, validating technology assumptions, evaluating implementation alternatives and creating roadmaps for setting the future direction and portfolio priorities. You challenge the business requirements & processes in order to realize a fit in standard IT solutions instead of custom built solutions.
This position is located in the San Jose/ Bay area. Travel to factory operations in Taiwan, China and ASML home office in Netherlands will be required approximately 15-20%.
The scope of your domain will include a broad range of systems supporting operational processes including:
- Product Data Management & Engineering Change
- Sourcing & Supply Chain
- Inventory/Warehouse Management
- Factory Planning / MRP
- Manufacturing Execution
- Shop Floor / Bill of Process
- Disturbance Management/ QA
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical domain experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience as an business systems (ERP) architect on a senior level.
- 10+ years IT experience with operations processes in a discrete manufacturing industry (complex products, low volumes).
- A strong background at a functional level in Oracle eBusiness Suite ERP operations modules.
- Experience defining complex integrations with non-Oracle systems including SAP.
- Demonstrated experience in a with developing and driving realization of application architecture, identifying and facilitating change in the context of core business systems.
- Agile Solution Architect (TOGAF, Agilest, etc.) certification or equivalent training a plus; Scaled Agile (SAFe) Solution Architect certificate preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in complex products business environment and business domains (Innovation/R&D, Supply chain, Manufacturing, Customer Service); experience with semiconductor industry, discrete high-tech manufacturing, and global supply chain / logistics.
- Demonstrated expertise of business processes, integration, and data structures supported by enterprise business systems (Oracle EBS, SAP,Siemens PLM, etc.).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Well-developed consultancy skills with a strong go-get mentality including eagerness to perform hands-on activities.
- Able to deal with resistance and ability to influence without power.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication in English.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office suite programs.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs –15-20%
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.