You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Junior Operational Planner
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
We are expanding our team and looking to add a savvy Material Planner with a passion for high tech manufacturing. At ASML, we look for subject matter experts who have the desire to create and inspire change in a growing organization. As a Material Planner you will ensure the effective flow of all materials, manage inventory levels, reduce waste, and balance output. If you have a desire to be part of a thriving fast paced company that offers challenge, encourages creativity and innovation, we want you to consider ASML.
Role and responsibilities
- Analyzes and executes MRP planned supply messages to release new purchase and repair/refurbishment requisitions to buyers to support production
- Manages material delivery schedule at supplier by tracking delivery dates and expediting open orders appropriately
- Effectively escalates material shortages that cannot be easily resolved
- Manages reverse logistics flow of defective material by returning to supplier or scrapping
- Resolves incorrect MRP messages with Production Planning and Product Lifecycle Management teams
- Manages transition of open POs due to Engineering Change Orders
- Maintains metrics to measure supplier performance, on time delivery, adherence to reschedule messages, etc.
- Maintains SAP attributes as required
- Executes special and/or ongoing research and data analysis tasks on behalf ofmanagement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Come and join our journey and you will be challenged and rewarded as you work alongside a group of talented, passionate and fun-loving engineers.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of five (5) years of experience is required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Business, or Production Management.
- Advanced degree or professional certification such as APICS or C.P.M is a plus
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of theories of ASCP/MRP, JIT, Kanban and Lean Manufacturing.
- Understanding of the concepts and functionality of ERP systems (SAP or Oracle) preferred
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Can work under deadlines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is located on-site in San Diego, CA.
- It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
The California base annual salary/hourly range for this role is currently $25.96 – $43.27/hr. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.